“Great place for any event!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joshua Wilton House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 207 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Fusion, Eclectic
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Campbell Street
Description: Located in an elegantly restored Victorian mansion, Joshua Wilton House is within walking distance of historic downtown Harrisonburg and the campus of James Madison University, offering guests quiet charm and gracious living in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. The Restaurant offers a unique and exquisite a la carte menu that changes with the seasons, along with an extensive selection of beers and an award-winning wine list. Featured are the food products of many small local farms and producers who supply our kitchen with high quality ingredients that simply cannot be found elsewhere. Executive Chef Mark Newsome's philosophy of cooking is to present these wonderful products in a fashion that allows their natural goodness to shine through. During the warmer months, seating is available on the outdoor brick patio. Arrive early and enjoy a cocktail in our lounge before dinner.
Washington, DC
“Great place for any event!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We were in Harrisonburg for our daughter's college orientation. We went go the Joshua Wilton House the night before for dinner. Drinks on the porch with the pleasant and relaxed view of Main Street as we unwound after the drive to Harrisonburg. Dinner in one of the beautiful, immaculate dining rooms with no rush to order of move along. Fantastic service, amazing food presentation and wonderful quality! Worth every penny!

• Visited July 2013

Westminster
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

What a beautiful old home. We were seated outside as we had requested. After a 15 minute wait, I went inside to find out why we hadn't seen our waiter. We were told that another customer had become faint and because of that distraction, the hostess forgot to tell our waiter to take care of us. We decided to move inside. Things proceeded well. Our waiter was very attentive. My husband orderd the mussels for an appetizer and found them delightful. They were offering a salmon special which I decided to try. The salmon was presented on a bed of spinach and orzo with a sauce. Although the entrée was somewhat tasty, I found the sauce to be salty and too rich for my taste. My husband enjoyed the rack of lamb that he ordered but also found the sauce a bit salty. The building is lovely and I really was hoping that the whole experience would be positive but, in my opinion, it was only marginal. They did give us a dessert to share because of the mix up at the start of our evening. The dessert was wonderful.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Gem in Harrisonburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant. I so wish it was closer to my home... The food is so terrific! My husband loves to order duck when we go out to eat. Lately, he has been so disappointed. Not in this restaurant! I had steak and you could have cut it with a butter knife! The atmosphere is charming in this old style Victorian home. The service was excellent. Everytime we return to the area...I have to return to this restaurant.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“You must eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The best place in Harrisonburg for fine dining! I eat here regularly and it never disappoints. Great service, great food, great drinks! The lounge has a great feel and the dining room is quite civilized. Always a pleasure!

“Outstanding dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

A full week after out wonderful dinner at Joshua Wilton House we at still smacking our lips, it was that good. Service was superb and pleasant. Chicken, scallops, salads all perfect. Hope we pass through Harrisonburg soon as I want to have this dining experience again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere