“A great experience.....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 198 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We hope your experience will be memorable. Please sit back, relax and allow us to serve you a sampling of innovative, authentic Italian cuisine.
Chatham
“A great experience.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a delightful meal at L'Italia this evening. Our server Liz was very attentive and friendly. Their little homemade bread loaves were delicious. She even gave us some to take with us. The salads were a great mixture of greens and tasty dressings. My husband's entree, chicken parnigana, was great; my entree, the mai mai was delicious, as were the grilled vegetables. Our desserts were a perfect ending to the meal. The ambience, with the background of music and murals of Italy was special. I wish we lived closer so we could return soon.

• Visited October 2013

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Good food, great atmosphere! Celebrated my friend's birthday on this visit. The owner even threw in a few drinks and had them with us! Came here to celebrate my wedding anniversary and had a wonderful dinner as well. Always good!

• Visited January 2013
“Good food -easy price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is our second time to visit this restaurant and were were again impressed with the food and service. The pasta sauce is rich and tasty and compliments many of their entrees. Prices are reasonable

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“Italian food at it's worse!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I went to the restaurant recently. Let me preface this by explaining we are Italian and have eaten in Italian restaurants all over the US and in Italy. I can't begin to tell you how unbelievably awful the food was at this restaurant. The bread, which was homemade, the salad and the fried mozzarella was good. The rest of the meal was awful. Our entrees were eggplant parmigiana with a side of pasta. In all my years I have never eaten eggplant such as this. I am aware it can be made differently - breaded or simply egg washed and fried. This had a thick soft bready covering that I have never experienced anywhere else. The sauce was inedible. It was pure tomato paste that had been left in a metal pan which took on the taste of the metal which made it taste medicinal. Don't waste your money!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Petersburg, West Virginia, United States
“Our favorite resturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

L'Italia is a wonderful dining experience! A special thanks to our waiter, Gregory for being so attentive and making our evening so memorable. We celebrated our wedding anniversary with Caprese salad and Butternut Squash Ravioli for me and a wonderful Wheat Penne Alamfi for my husband. We can't wait to return for another amazing meal, great service and cozy atmosphere!

• Visited September 2013