“Loved this hotel - will definitely stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg

You added Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1891 Evelyn Byrd Avenue, I-81 & US 33, Harrisonburg, VA 22801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Basking Ridge, NJ
“Loved this hotel - will definitely stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

First time writing a review about this hotel but have stayed here a couple of times. Last week while I was here, I was pleasantly surprised to find waffles for breakfast. They have a waffle iron to make my own fresh waffles. What a great idea. Thanks to the guy who cleared the snow in the parking lot. I don't go to Harrisonburg too often, but I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This was a great hotel at a reasonable price. Very clean, nice room, friendly front desk and close to highway. I was pleasantly surprised as I have never stayed at a Sleep Inn before and I would definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Charleston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

PROS
Easy check-in and check out. No probs with reservations. Front desk staff was friendly and professional. Elevator and luggage carts available. The King Suite I stayed in on the top floor was spacious with separate sitting area that included a couch, coffee table and 2-seater dining set. Bathroom and bedding appeared clean upon arrival. Wireless internet was able to keep up with my demands. Nice view out my window. Close to restaurants, shopping and sight-seeing.

CONS
Maid service lacking. Ottoman covered with pet hair. Pet hair on floor around chair. Didn't clean out the coffee pot or wipe off the counter where it sat while I was there. Freezer needed to be thawed out. Couldn't fit anything in it. Key card opened room door just fine but would not work on exterior side door where I first parked (was told it was because of the rainy weather.) Walls are thin enough that I could hear talking in the room beside of me... television maybe? Consider requesting a room away from the elevator... between the elevator chime and the guests, it gets quite noisy starting around 6:30am. Also... is it me, or does the building appear to be leaning when you look down the 4th floor hallway? Maybe the windows on each end are just crooked? Hotel looks poorly constructed.

OVERALL
Chose this hotel due to previous experience with Sleep Inns, membership with Choice Hotels and Tripadvisor reviews. I'm pretty much a stickler for clean and well-maintained accommodations. Would probably recommend to others and hope they get better maid service, but If I'm ever in the area again, I think I'll try my luck with another comparatively-priced hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

This Sleep Inn is on a hill which keeps you away from the town noise. Everything was clean and quiet. I enjoyed the large room with a chair and stool, to relax and read. This is a great value, and we had everything we needed. There is a wonderful Italian restaurant down the road that we loved, L'Italia Restaurant, so intimate and friendly and good value. We began our two-week trip of the South East here, and this was a good beginning. I recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
reservationskeptic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

Upon arriving at the front desk I was informed that the reservation was not in proper order. My family and I were to stay one night in a room on the first floor, which I paid for and was told over the phone would be reserved for me and my family. This may not seem like a huge problem and if I was traveling alone it wouldn't have been, however my mother is handicapped and has to walk with a cane and cannot navigate stairs on her own therefore this was a disaster. I felt that I was not valued as a customer even though I paid promptly for the room and service. After hours on the road this is the worst kind of complication to have. So we were stuck in a shabby room on the second floor with no highspeed internet and a broken closet door. The reservation team at this hotel is very incompetent. Do not trust your reservation, and call several times to make sure it is in proper order. I hope my review will persuade you to come to this hotel only if you are sure that your reservation is triple confirmed by phone email and any other correspondence that you can imagine. Also what I was told that a reservation is a request not an actual reservation, they can make changes to your reservation even if it is paid for without any notice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Candor, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

My family stayed here while on our way from South Carolina. The accommodations were fine, although the double beds (rather than queen) were an unpleasant surprise. Also, when we arrived, the front desk clerk was no where to be found and we waited almost 5 minutes for him to appear. The next morning when we were getting ready to check out, the morning shift desk clerk was also missing. She arrived after about five minutes of waiting. The continental breakfast was fine, with a good variety of items. We were concerned about a bus load of some sort of sports team that arrived just after we did, but we didn't hear a peep from them!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Winston-Salem, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

The Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg is in a great location, just a little over a mile from I-81. It is also within walking distance of Bob Evans and Texas Road House.

Pros:
- Continental breakfast in the morning was good. Donuts, cereal, bagels, sausage gravy, hard-boiled eggs, and coffee and juices were available. The breakfast area is medium-sized, so it could fill up quickly.
- Free wireless internet. The free internet is a nice perk.

Cons:
- Mediocre construction. The floors of the hotel are very thin. When you walk down the hall, you can hear the floor move. I had a room on the third floor and could hear people walking above us in their room on the fourth floor. I wish the construction was more solid.
- Bathroom. The bathroom is not stellar, especially the toilet. There is not enough pressure created to flush the toilet.

Overall, because of the price, I would stay at the Sleep Inn again. However, I would need to get a room on the top floor to avoid some of the problems outlined here.

• Stayed July 2009

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!