“The place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg

Save Saved
You added Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1891 Evelyn Byrd Avenue, I-81 & US 33, Harrisonburg, VA 22801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“The place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This place has it all. It is clean, pet friendly, The bed and pillows were comfortable. The staff was friendly, The rooms were spacious. Would definitely stay there again. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during EMU's grad weekend. Staff was lovely and welcoming. The rooms were nice and spacious and everything looked brand new. The cleanliness of our room was above satisfactory. Will stay here again on my next visit to Harrisonburg.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the frontside. The rooms have a decent view of the town.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was my fourth time staying at this hotel. It is pet friendly and comfortable and clean. During this stay, the only two drawbacks were some unidentifiable stuff sticking to the bottom of the tub, and the breakfast.
In the bathtub, it looked like there was this brown residue from a bathmat or something, sticking to the tub. I wasn't too concerned until some of it came off on my foot when I was showering. Kinda gross. Wash that tub!
The breakfast area, I usually skip because there's a Bob Evans nearby; but I was in a bit of a hurry this time, so I hit the breakfast bar. There was some sausage which tasted ok, and a waffle maker with some really thin batter that resulted in these thin burny waffles. There weren't a lot of other options- I try to avoid sugaring up in the morning with things like waffles, but there were no eggs or fruit to my knowledge. If you're the muffin or toast or cereal type, you're in luck here. But overall, I would recommend skipping breakfast.
The good stuff: clean room, clean bedding, comfortable sheets with lots of pillows to throw around. I always use a towel to block the light coming under the door at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hayesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was nice, beds comfortable, great pillows and the staff was very friendly. There is a shopping center a block a way and lots of places to eat, so it worked out very well for us. It was a little away from the interstate but that made it nice and quiet.
We enjoyed staying here and would do it again, if we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the friendliness of our team. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again in Harrisonburg.
Rehoboth Beach, DE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel dozens of times over the years and have always been impressed with its cleanliness, location, and value. Recently, however, the hotel has begun censoring the internet access for guests. As a web developer, I object to this as a matter of principle. I've stayed at many hotels throughout the US and the world and have NEVER come across this before. I will be staying at other hotels in Harrisonburg from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg. We are happy to hear that you have stayed with us before and are a returning customer. Would you mind sending an email to Loni@beckcompanyhotels.com with your name and more details on censoring the internet? We would like to get this addressed with our HSIA Company. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review. We hope that after we get this addressed, you will stay with us again.
WANTAGH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed while visiting my daughter at JMU great price close to everything easy access off the highway !! I was worried as it was pet friendly but the hotel was clean and I never heard a dog bark.the comp breakfast was very good also.I recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in Harrisonburg again soon! Thank you for your recommendation!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

For the price, shopping location, it is a great value. Nice accommodations: clean, comfortable rooms, friendly front desk and housekeeping staff. ONLY disappointment was the breakfast buffet: Coffee and juice were good. Waffle mix, waffle maker, syrup and fruit were dreadful. Yogurt was not very cold and pastries were a little dry. Couldnt finish anything i tried and im not a picky eater. Good stay, but skip the b'fast.

• Stayed April 2013
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for staying with us at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your night stay during our renovation. We will pass along your comments about breakfast to our team and see what we can do to make improvements. Thank you for your business and thank you again for your review and for helping us to better serve our guests. We look forward to seeing you in Harrisonburg again soon.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!