“High speed internet?Bhaaa ha ha ha” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg

Save Saved
You added Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1891 Evelyn Byrd Avenue, I-81 & US 33, Harrisonburg, VA 22801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Richmond, Virginia
“High speed internet?Bhaaa ha ha ha”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We arrived on Tuesday to the stench of paint and drop cloths,scaffolding and a staff that was obviously not thrilled.After the slow elevator ride to the top floor,I log on to the internet-only to find that it is even slower than the elevator.To advertise that they have "high speed" internet is a complete lie-a box of index cards and a wounded carrier pigeon would have been faster.Even if they removed the training wheels from their internet,the owners have taken it upon themselves to block all content that THEY deem inappropriate-I'm 50 years old!I don't need child-proof internet or to have someone elses morals sifted into my only source of entertainment when I'm relaxing after a hard day's work.The staff seemed aloof and disinterested,when I actually saw them,(they were probably outside trying to breathe something other than paint fumes.)There was a crack under the door you could roll a golf ball under and the drafty window whistled all week long.Who can eat a continental breakfast with paint fumes hanging in the air?I stay in alot of hotels with my work,but this one is off my list.For the cost,it's just not worth it...

Room Tip: Pick another hotel-one with actual internet,instead of the dumbed-down,romper room garbage these clo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Loni C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. We apologize that the internet was slow. We are taking steps to improve the quality of our internet, improving the speed and will discuss the firewalls that are in place. We are currently under renovations to bring our product up to speed with the other brands in our market. I am sure that once our property upgrade is complete, you will be more than satisfied with the results. We are taking steps to make our hotel one of the nicest in Harrisonburg and I hope that next time you are in the area; you will give us another try. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Since my last visit, the Sleep Inn has apparently reduced the number of pillows available for building pillow forts. Or maybe my room was just short on pillows. I don't know. Anyway, if you just need like 5 or 6 pillows, this room is still for you. Pet friendly and about 10 bucks less than its fellow Choice Hotels property "Comfort Inn" down by the highway, I found my room to be much more spacious and updated. 15 bucks for your pet to stay the night. Don't feed the morning belgian waffles to your dog, they are for humans. The price is reasonable and the rooms are clean. My room had a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you and your pet were comfortable in your room. We love having you and your pet stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Have stayed at many Sleep Inn Suites however was not very happy with this particular one.
Room was not properly clean, especially the bath area, and the service was not as good as
others we have visited.

Room Tip: I have found if the front desk personnel do not seem to care that you are there, it is a good indica...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michael A, Owner at Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry if we did not meet your expectations for service. We do care about our guests and are trully concerned about your satisfaction. We will work harder to make sure all our guests feel welcome and know that we appreciate their business. I hope that you will give us another chance when next you visit Harrisonburg.

Thanks
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed one night while visiting the Skyline Drive, you are about 25 minute ride away. Great room very quiet, bright hallways. The breakfast is very good, they have make your own waffles, pastries, fruit and cereals.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to see how beautiful Skyline Drive is. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for taking the time to review us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I arrived after 9. check in was smooth. went to sleep soon after in comfortable bed and room had all I needed. Early rise breakfast was super and quick. comfortable and good price compared to other locations for this level stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and we look forward to have you stay with us again.
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went here twice on a Southern Road trip. Once on the way down and again on the way back. Nice room, LCD TV, good bed, very clean, and no road noise, or any noise for us. I believe they do allow pets, but we did not notice any. Breakfast was a bit more than Continental style, With quality bagels and pastries, make your own waffles, and both days they served hot sausage patties. It is located about a mile off exit 247A of I-81. A couple of turns, past a mall, up a hill and one more turn. You won't just drive by it, a GPS helps. Worth finding though! Looks like a good safe area.

Room Tip: There is a small side parking area near the door, that most miss seeing when they pull in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and stayed with us twice and that you enjoyed your room. Guests tend to love our breakfast because of the variety and the quality of items that we use. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you travel south. Thank you again for your review.
Bristol, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My mother and I went to visit my sister for the JMU and William & Mary game this weekend. My sister is a freshman at JMU. My mother and I stayed at the Sleep Inn and it was average. We had a decent stay, the bed and amenities were mediocre. Overall, it was a good place to sleep. No problems!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay. We look forward to seeing you next time you visit your sister at JMU. Thank you again for your review.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!