“OK+ considering location” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Severna Park, Maryland
“OK+ considering location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Harrisonburg would not be expected to have a large number of Thai restaurants, so we figure we would give it a try. We were not disappointed, because our expectations were moderate. Service was good and food was average to good.
Our waitstaff person inquired how hot I wanted my food when I said I like it spicy. He said they serve on a scale of 1 to 5, so I chose a 2. I would not go above a 2!! About half way through my meal the "heat" started to accumulate and I was drinking water!
He said some people order a 5!!! Unless you are really into extreme spicy do not go above a 2. Next time a 1 will be my choice.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Decent ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was really excited to try this place, because it was highly recommended by friends. However it was not that memorable. The food was middle if the road. The service was good. I wasn't that impressed.

Myrtle Beach, SC
“This was my first Thai Food Experience. Not too excited.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by others who live in the area. We weren't familiar with Thai food and asked for suggestions from our server. The food was a little disappointing. But having nothing to compare it to maybe I am wrong. I just didn't care for the flavor and seasoning. Just our opinion. I read that others have reviewed it and loved it. Guess it's just a matter of taste. The dining room was a large open room and the noise was terrible. Nothing relaxing about this dining room or experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“AWFUL!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I imagine only people who have never had Thai food before would say this place is alright. I have had a lot of Thai food throughout my life, especially since it is my absolutely favorite cuisine. Moving to Harrisonburg, I was really excited there was an actual Thai restaurant in town, then after eating here, I was incredibly disappointed. The food is not authentic at all. The curries are runny as if they are not made with coconut milk but rather just water. The Panang curry does not taste at all like it should. It's awful and was way spicier than advertised. The atmosphere is fancy, but not worth the price of the crappy food. If you want REAL Thai cuisine in Harrisonburg, go to the Thai Café, it's delicious, a lot cheaper, and less crowded.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“Taste of Thai Never Fails to Please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Every time I am in Harrisonburg, VA a visit to Taste of Thai is always on my "TO DO" list. Even though I live in FL the staff remembers me which is a most pleasant surprise. Food portions are plentiful and prices are reasonable. I have never had a bad meal here. Staff is most accommodating to special requests. Very family friendly. Theyalso have a private room that we have used on two occaisions for groups of 15-20 people with there being no additional charge for it's use.

• Visited November 2013