“Cheap, clean, good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Harrisonburg

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Harrisonburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Harrisonburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   10 Linda Lane, I-81 at Exit #247-A/US 33 East, Harrisonburg, VA 22801   |
Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Harrisonburg
Chapel Hill, NC
“Cheap, clean, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We recently stayed here for one night and all we needed was a safe and quiet place to sleep, shower and to head out the next day. The staff who checked us in was very nice and fast. The room looked just like the pictures the property posted online and were very clean. Yes, the floors are laminate, but now that I have experienced them in a hotel, I've gotta believe this is much cleaner/more sanitary than carpet.

The only real downside to this hotel is that the bed was very, very firm. So if you need a soft bed, this may not be the place for you.

This is definitely a low budget motel without any frills, but it is an excellent value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Good clean motel and close to the Mall so lots of places to eat and do some shopping. We went into the centre of Harrionsonburg to eat and used Yellow cabs. The rooms are a good size.

Room Tip: We requested a ground floor room so we could back the car up to the door.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

If you read all my reviews, you probably found it strange that I would gush over a motel 6...well I did, but it wasn't this one. This is your basic roadside Motel 6. The kind I can pull up with my German Shepherd and they don't blink and eyelash. That is the only reason I stay there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Howell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the second time while driving thru the area on our way to Georgia. It once again served our purpose of obtaining a clean comfortable room at a reasonable rate. We did notice this time that this hotel must be used for extended living arrangements because a notice of eviction was placed on a door. Regardless we still felt safe. There are many local restaurants within walking distance, including a Italian restaurant, Waffle house, Mexican, bagel cafe etc. If your ok with no frills,no coffee pot, although they provide coffee in the lobby in the am hours and no fridge, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Milford, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Don't be deceived by the pictures online like I was. This place is HORRIBLE! It is the dirtiest, smelliest, most horrible place I have ever stayed at. After traveling 8 hours, I thought this would be a decent place to crash for the night with my two dogs before hitting the road again in the morning. BIG MISTAKE!

As a single 30-year-old woman, I was afraid for my life here. I slept with my pepper spray and taser next to the bed. I did NOT even pull back the covers, but instead placed one of my own blankets on the bed and used my other one as my cover. I was afraid to touch anything. I made myself shower in the morning, but wore flipflops.

If I had read the other reviews on alternate sites before booking this stay, I would have known about others' experiences with cockroaches, hairs, and unfriendly staff. Also had to pay an additional $2.99 for WiFi, in which they blocked certain sites during my stay, including this one (probably to avoid negative reviews).

In addition to the horrible conditions and unsafe atmosphere, there were flies in my room and even my dogs were shaking. And I was approached by interesting shady charachters asking me to "party" in their rooms. Clearly this is a place where the unfortunate live permanently.

DON'T STAY HERE! Spend that extra $25-$50 and stay somewhere safe, clean, and acceptable.

After all is said, I must say the worst part about my stay was the smell. I can still smell it now.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Great value. Room was quite large, basic and clean. Heard no one around us even though motel seemed filled. Near the interstate with plenty of restaurants around including a 24 hour Waffle house across the street. Staff friendly. Seemed like a safe area -- could park car outside guest room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Methuen, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012 via mobile

If your staying just a night or two this is a great option. Not many amenities but if you need a clean place to sleep for cheap this is it. Only bummer is wifi costs 2.99 per day.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Motel 6 Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!