“Fusion confusion?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 207 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Asian
“Fusion confusion?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This place has so much potential but for some reason it just doesn't deliver.The decor is contemporary but doesn't look very inviting. They also have patio dining overlooking black run.
My main gripe is the food. We've been here three separate times over the past three months and the food has been getting progressively bad. Our dumplings came out cold( not a good job of thawing freezer dumplings??) and we had to send them back to the kitchen.Our pepper and salt calamari was good.
I had ordered the half duck. It was so sad tasting! It tasted like the duck was out of the freezer..thawed and dressed with the sauce. The veggies that were part of the dish tasted like they were out of a bag not fresh at all! Extremely disappointing.
The fried rice we had ordered never showed up and we ended up canceling the order.
I don't think we are going back here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

virginia
“"Third time was the best"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The owners have spent a lot of money converting this old location in downtown Harrisonburg. Frankly, I don't think they got their money's worth. It is nice but lacking in atmosphere. The front of the building (Water Street) looks unappealing and rundown. The outdoor covered porch is a nice touch and they have a bar area and some dining upstairs. We have eaten there on three occcasions and found the first two visits "Hit or Miss" (mostly a "miss") Food was only fair, service lacking and overpriced. However recently we did return (August 2012) and all four in my part had an excellent meal. I also noticed that the prices were reasonable. I had the "Duck" and it was prepared and presented properly. I was impressed with my third visit and will return. Note: This is a college town and it has a "Bar" crowd later at night.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Asian Tapas and all around food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Prompt service, large menu, good sushi in addition to good old American menu. Can't go wrong.

Visited July 2012
“Horrible fake food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

It tasted like grocery stor cuisine terrible example of Asian culture and terrible service and extremely overpriced I suggest sushi Jako

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Virginia USA
“Asian fusion - truly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

And that's what you get. It's an unusual space (concrete floors, high ceiling, bright modern paintings on the walls), with "patio" seating now in warm weather. Staff are attentive, efficient. It's clean, and they sure do try hard. The menu has changed some over time - the dishes I've tried (I've only been here maybe 6 times) are decent. Prices are what you'd expect - mid-line, for the items offered. In downtown, it's The choice for oriental food. There are better Asians away from downtown.

• Visited May 2012