“WILL STAY HERE AGAIN” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn of Harrisonburg

You added Quality Inn of Harrisonburg to your Saves list
Quality Inn of Harrisonburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1881 Evelyn Byrd Avenue., Harrisonburg, VA 22801 (Formerly Jameson Inn of Harrisonburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Holiday, Fl.
“WILL STAY HERE AGAIN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This facility has been well maintained, room was clean and updated tv and bedding. Breakfast was standard fo Quality Inns. All employees were very helpful. Will stay here again in three weeks. This use to be a Jameson Inn.......There is a Bob Evans across the street

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Harrisonburg, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This property was previously a Jameson Inn, and I've had the opportunity to stay twice in the past six months for work (both times booked through Hotwire). The property has been renovated, the staff is very accommodating, and the room I stayed in (the same one both visits) was clean, neat, and well appointed. For the price I pay I don't expect resort-thick towels or fancy upscale amenities, but the hotel has everything I need and has a great location for dinner options. My only quibble would be with the sharp-looking desk chair that does not rise high enough to use the desk space properly. They get bonus points for including Twinings tea (high-test and decaf) in the beverage basket -- makes for a lovely change of pace. I STILL have not had the opportunity to partake in breakfast due to my schedule, but that's my fault, not theirs. I definitely would recommend this hotel as an overnight option.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have stayed in Choice properties from Maine to Florida, and have stayed in some real dumps under the Quality Inn brand. This property is the nicest Quality Inn I have ever stayed in. It has interior corridors, which many Quality properties do not have. My room was clean and had nice colonial style furniture. the breakfast area was large and the food was above average for the Choice chain. I used points, so I cannot say if the room prices were reasonable. Even the building was not your typical motel building. The building look like a large southern/colonial residence.

Room Tip: if using points, select the king suite for the same points as a regular room. it is a real suite, wi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I spent two nights here and never again. When I checked in the manager told me that I must be assigned to a smoking room on the third floor, because I had "booked with a third party" Even though I had made my reservations two months in advance. I could not get her to overturn the decision. I am a handicapped Korean War veteran who sleeps with oxygen at night. The pungent cigarette odor almost overcame me. I had prepaid and could not afford to move to another hotel. The person who checked me in was not sympathetic with my plight, and advised me to book directly the next time. She was not customer-friendly to me. I should add that the other staff were very helpful during my stay. For example, the wi-fi was difficult to get access and he helped me with the settings. Yet, the wi-fi timed out often during my stay and I stopped using it. The maid service was positive and good. After checking into my room, I heard dogs barking down the hall, which bothered me. Didn't realize that I would be put on a floor where pets were allowed. Also, the bathroom was very small, with just enough room to take a shower and use the commode. My room was clean. Overall, my experience was negative, and I am generally a very positive rater. When I checked the breakfast buffet, I opted to forego it and drive to the Mall for a Subway breakfast sandwich both mornings.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the third floor unless you want to hear barking dogs.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Pearl River, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed at the Quality Inn Harrisonburg while visiting my son at JMU for Easter. We had booked three nights a month or so earlier using Priceline and gotten a great deal using the "Name your own price" booking tool.

The room was small but adequate with two double beds, although there was very little other furnishings because of the room size. The bathroom was the tiniest thing I have ever seen in a hotel - about the size of a standard cruise ship bathroom, with the sink outside in the room. There was no closet, just a hangar pole next to the sink. The beds were comfortable enough for a few nights.

Others have complained about thin walls but we did not hear any noise during our stay, and occupancy was high at the hotel throughout.

Where the high occupancy did cause a major problem was in the breakfast area. Its clearly inadequate for the number of guests when full, and we could not get a seat on 2 of the 3 days. There was only one lady working the breakfast buffet and she struggled to keep up under a torrent of guest requests. On the one day that I was able to sample the buffet, it was okay - powdered eggs, sausage patties, cereal and yogurt were all edible and the coffee was fine.

Overall the staff were fine - not too friendly, but not dour either.

In a nutshell, you get what you pay for, and I would return here for sure if I scored the same great Priceline deal again.

Room Tip: No ice machine on 2nd floor. Book through Priceline (Harrisonburg Two Star) for best deal.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will choose to stay with us again whenever you visit the Harrisonburg area.

Christine Forehand, GM
Potsdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This hotel is in a nice location with easy access to the Interstate 81, restaurants and even shopping. The parking lot is well lit, and seems secure. The staff is excellent, and the rooms are very nice. We found our room clean and spacious. The breakfast was good with hot and cold choices that would satisfy most anyone. Our room was near the elevator and we experienced some noise in the hall, but the hotel did not have a lot of guests, so it did not seem too bad. Since we were on the third floor we did not have any noise from above, and did not hear any noise from the "neighbors." My sense is that it is no better or worse than other hotels in this chain.

Lots of choices for hotels in this town, but I would not hesitate to come back here again.

Room Tip: If you want a spacious with lots of elbow room pay few dollars extra and get a suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a clean comfortable hotel located near JMU.

Front desk staff is courteous, friendly and helpful with info about the area.

Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Good basic breakfast to get the day started.

Would stay here again if in area

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family