“Convenient Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn of Harrisonburg

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn of Harrisonburg to your Saves list
Quality Inn of Harrisonburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1881 Evelyn Byrd Avenue., Harrisonburg, VA 22801 (Formerly Jameson Inn of Harrisonburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 23 hotels in Harrisonburg
Centreville, Virginia
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Close to I81 and JMU campus. Restaurants close by. Rooms are fine with microwave, refrigerator, flat screen tv. Rooms with adjoining doors can hear occupants in other room. Continental breakfast of muffins, yogurt, fruit, cereal, bagels, waffels. Pet friendly with a fee. Hotel staff very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked two rooms here through Hotwire for $57 + taxes and fees per room. I was pleasantly surprised. It is handy to the I81. The staff were friendly and accommodating both at check in and at breakfast the next morning. Our rooms were clean and nice. It's about what you should expect in a hotel of this class. The breakfast was just fine - our kids liked that they got to make their own waffles; muffins; biscuits; fruit; juice; cereal - the basics. The pool area looked nice but was under snow the day we were there. I would say if you can get a room for $60 - $70 a night it's worth it and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cocoa Beach,Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Pet friendly with good location near I-81. Free wifi and breakfast . Could use some updating . Lots of shopping and restaurants close. Massanutten ski area about 15 min away. James Madison University 3 minutes away. Blue ridge parkway 30 minutes . Charges $15 for small dog but checked other pet friendly hotels and they do same.

• Stayed November 2012
Hartsville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We took a chance on Hotwire and got the Jameson Inn. It worked out to be a steal. Paid $58 and for that got a huge room that was very quiet. The TV as old, but the staff was in the process of upgrading to flat screens. The staff was very friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear RichardZ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to go online and give us a nice review. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay at the Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg. Next time you are in the area please feel free to give us a call at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very nice hotel, it is a convenient location, closes to most things in the area.
The air conditioning was. Very cold, and it was a hot day!
It felt great!
I did not stay for breakfast, I had a meeting, but it looked ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Robcoppock,

I would like to thank you for choosing Jameson Inn as your hotel during your stay in Harrisonburg. We appreciate that you took the time to go online and give us this nice review. It brings a smile to my face to read that you had a pleasant stay. Hopefully you will be able to try the breakfast during your next stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Harrisonburg area.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

One of the hotels of Harrisonburg that is pet friendly is the Jameson Inn. This is important to me, and my dog, who likes to travel with me. I have stayed at a few Jameson Inns in the past and they tend to be welcoming of pets. Jameson Inn hotel rooms tend to be smaller than most, perhaps by putting the bathroom on both sides of the entry to the room, meaning when you step in the door, the bathroom sink is on your left and the toilet and shower are enclosed in a little room on the right.

This hotel offers free continental breakfast and I think they have a waffle maker. I decided not to go with that because there are a lot of restaurants around the area and it's nice to get out and have a nice sit-down full breakfast.

The hotel room was very clean. I do want to mention that there was a bit of dirt build-up in crevices, like on the bathroom door- this building is deteriorating, with a large crack on the bathroom floor across all the tiles, with a seemingly corresponding crack on the wall outside the bathroom door. However, I found the toilet, bathtub, sinks, sheets, and flat surfaces to be very clean. The carpet was another story. It was a little scummy, worn, dirty, and bunched up by the door. One of the things that I don't like about pet friendly hotels is when you have a pet, they seem to put you in rooms that are of a lower caliber. I suppose pet friendly hotels get a lot of pets that make messes and such. Mine doesn't make any mess at all, but we still pay extra fees and get put in rooms like this.

Anyway, overall, the price was really good. I only stay at "sure thing" hotels as far as cleanliness and safety, and I still consider this hotel to be a sure thing. I will stay here in the future. The staff are nice and you can tell housekeeping tries hard to keep up with the building.

I do think it would be worth it to replace or fix the carpet when it gets that ratty and bunched up though, by the door. If I am put in that room again, I'll probably leave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Andogg,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to go online and post a review. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your pet during your stay in Harrisonburg. I am also pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for your kind words about the staff. It is our goal to make sure each and every guest has pleasant stay when they come to the Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg, VA. I am sorry to hear and I do apologize for the condition of the carpet and bathroom door. I will be getting with the maintenance and housekeeping staff to make sure that those issues are taken care of. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Booked through Hotwire at a great price and were somewhat pleasantly surprised that the hotel was as comfortable and clean as it was. Close to shopping and restaurants, and easy to get to from the interstate, we had a comfortable night's stay as a stop-over. The front desk clerk was helpful with dinner suggestions (thanks, Ivan!) and our room was basic but clean. Breakfast (free) left a bit to be desired, although the waffles were good. For the price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Conchritter33050,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a nice review online. It makes me happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us at the Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg. I am glad that you were pleased with the suggestion that Ivan gave you for dinner. Here at the Jameson Inn it brings us great joy when we can help make a guests stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you are back in the Harrisonburg area.

Isaiah Brown

Been to Quality Inn of Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!