“At the price we paid it was a steal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn of Harrisonburg

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn of Harrisonburg to your Saves list
Quality Inn of Harrisonburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1881 Evelyn Byrd Avenue., Harrisonburg, VA 22801 (Formerly Jameson Inn of Harrisonburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Hartsville, South Carolina
“At the price we paid it was a steal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We took a chance on Hotwire and got the Jameson Inn. It worked out to be a steal. Paid $58 and for that got a huge room that was very quiet. The TV as old, but the staff was in the process of upgrading to flat screens. The staff was very friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear RichardZ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to go online and give us a nice review. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay at the Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg. Next time you are in the area please feel free to give us a call at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Isaiah Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very nice hotel, it is a convenient location, closes to most things in the area.
The air conditioning was. Very cold, and it was a hot day!
It felt great!
I did not stay for breakfast, I had a meeting, but it looked ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Robcoppock,

I would like to thank you for choosing Jameson Inn as your hotel during your stay in Harrisonburg. We appreciate that you took the time to go online and give us this nice review. It brings a smile to my face to read that you had a pleasant stay. Hopefully you will be able to try the breakfast during your next stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Harrisonburg area.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

One of the hotels of Harrisonburg that is pet friendly is the Jameson Inn. This is important to me, and my dog, who likes to travel with me. I have stayed at a few Jameson Inns in the past and they tend to be welcoming of pets. Jameson Inn hotel rooms tend to be smaller than most, perhaps by putting the bathroom on both sides of the entry to the room, meaning when you step in the door, the bathroom sink is on your left and the toilet and shower are enclosed in a little room on the right.

This hotel offers free continental breakfast and I think they have a waffle maker. I decided not to go with that because there are a lot of restaurants around the area and it's nice to get out and have a nice sit-down full breakfast.

The hotel room was very clean. I do want to mention that there was a bit of dirt build-up in crevices, like on the bathroom door- this building is deteriorating, with a large crack on the bathroom floor across all the tiles, with a seemingly corresponding crack on the wall outside the bathroom door. However, I found the toilet, bathtub, sinks, sheets, and flat surfaces to be very clean. The carpet was another story. It was a little scummy, worn, dirty, and bunched up by the door. One of the things that I don't like about pet friendly hotels is when you have a pet, they seem to put you in rooms that are of a lower caliber. I suppose pet friendly hotels get a lot of pets that make messes and such. Mine doesn't make any mess at all, but we still pay extra fees and get put in rooms like this.

Anyway, overall, the price was really good. I only stay at "sure thing" hotels as far as cleanliness and safety, and I still consider this hotel to be a sure thing. I will stay here in the future. The staff are nice and you can tell housekeeping tries hard to keep up with the building.

I do think it would be worth it to replace or fix the carpet when it gets that ratty and bunched up though, by the door. If I am put in that room again, I'll probably leave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Andogg,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to go online and post a review. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your pet during your stay in Harrisonburg. I am also pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for your kind words about the staff. It is our goal to make sure each and every guest has pleasant stay when they come to the Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg, VA. I am sorry to hear and I do apologize for the condition of the carpet and bathroom door. I will be getting with the maintenance and housekeeping staff to make sure that those issues are taken care of. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Booked through Hotwire at a great price and were somewhat pleasantly surprised that the hotel was as comfortable and clean as it was. Close to shopping and restaurants, and easy to get to from the interstate, we had a comfortable night's stay as a stop-over. The front desk clerk was helpful with dinner suggestions (thanks, Ivan!) and our room was basic but clean. Breakfast (free) left a bit to be desired, although the waffles were good. For the price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Conchritter33050,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a nice review online. It makes me happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us at the Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg. I am glad that you were pleased with the suggestion that Ivan gave you for dinner. Here at the Jameson Inn it brings us great joy when we can help make a guests stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you are back in the Harrisonburg area.

Harrisonburg, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel, purchased through Hotwire, as I had training for work the next day. The staff were all very courteous and helpful (kudos to AGM Christine, who accommodated my inquiry as to the possibility of checking in obnoxiously early to preserve my laptop's innards with an upgraded, premium non-smoking room -- this, even as she was juggling the clean up for the continental breakfast!).

The rooms are cozy -- I was in a two-double-bed room, and I could see how a group of four might find themselves a bit close for comfort -- and I do agree with previous reviewers that the finishes are showing a bit of wear and tear (torn wallpaper around the toilet paper holder, worn finishes on the corner desk). I was at the end of the hallway and only heard noise above or around me one or two times, none of which disturbed my peace.

However, this hotel is great if you need a clean, comfortable place to rest your head. You have everything you need in the room -- furniture is well placed and does double duty (the cheval mirror disguises a fold-down ironing board; the entertainment center includes drawers and a chiffarobe for hanging clothes). The pool was a refreshing stop at the end of the day, and the free wi-fi a welcome plus. There are a plethora of restaurants within walking/short driving distance -- everything from Chipotle and Bob Evans to Outback and Texas Roadhouse.

I left before I could really take advantage of the continental breakfast, so I can't comment on that. And If you're travelling with pets, best to ask for a king-bed room for more floor space if you bring in a travel kennel. This is a pet-friendly hotel with good grassy areas for walkies.

All in all, I got a great deal for the Hotwire price. Would I pay 'rack rate'? Still on the fence about that. But I'd definitely consider this property again, as should you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Nondumblond,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review online about your stay with us here at the Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We pride our selves in getting the rooms cleaned as soon as possible so guests like your self can have and early check in. Thank you for the kind words about Christine. We hope to see you again in the future the next time you are in the Harrisonburg area.

Thanks again,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Clean, furniture could use an upgrade. Our room was older than the photos shown. But overall I was satisfied. There's an outdoor pool, breakfast buffet- which is ok. The staff was nice.

• Stayed May 2012
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Silver15211,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Jameson Inn Harrisonburg as your hotel during your stay. I appreciate that you took the time to go online and give us a review. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I hope to see you again if you are ever back in Harrisonburg.

Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Grab your room on hotels.com or travelocity. It was worth the $52 I spent but I would be hard-pressed to pay much more than that.

The front desk clerk was nice enough to put me at the end of the hall when I requested something quiet. Indeed, it was nicely buffered by empty rooms on all sides. I would hate to be near the ice machine or the incessant dinging of the elevator.

The carpet was pretty dingy in the room and the beds are advertised as pillow tops but they are not. The entire hotel is in need of a renovation...peeling wallpaper, water stains, bumpy carpet.

Bright spots: nice big fridge and microwave in the room. The breakfast is pretty good and every employee I encountered was courteous. The hotel is close to all the shops and you can walk to a lot of different restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for something quiet and they will try to help you out.