“Not sure why this has good reviews” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 199 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
“Not sure why this has good reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is nothing like a NY deli. Food is mediocre at best. Nothing is bad but nothing I've had is good either. Maybe a step above grocery store pre-made sandwiches?

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great dinner at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We've eaten at a McAlister's Deli before, but this was our first visit to this location in Harrisonburg. At McAlister's you go to the counter first, place your order, and they bring your order out to you at your table.

They have their menu easily available online at: http://www.mcalistersdeli.com/storemenus/62084%20MIller%20Group%20Salad%20Menu.pdf

I got a cup of their Country Potato soup, and half a McAlister's club sandwich. My husband got the Savannah chopped salad. Our dinners were served quickly and everything tasted great!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not On My List!! But thanks for the friendly service. :)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011 via mobile

I would not say that this is a place I like to eat.!. Although the staff and service is very good (thank you all.) It doesn't make up for the fact the food is overpriced and not very delicious. Save yourself some money and go to another one of the many resturants in this town.!.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia
“Great place for a light meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Visiting our college kid at JMU we were looking for something a little different than the usual burger joints. Discovered this is a great place to eat. The service was absolutely superb and I don't say that often. The baked potato my son had was huge! It tasted terrific and was very filling. I had a roast beef panini with horseradish and although it looked good and the sauce was great, I had a couple big hunks of fat in it, telling me the quality of the meat is not what I usually like. My daughter's four cheese grilled cheese had more bread than cheese. FInally, my husband had a salad and that thing was enormous and filled with high quality ingredients.
We'll definitely be back because they have a great menu selection and overall, it's a good place to eat.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Absolutely awesome food, atmosphere, and staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

One of the best Deli's I've ever eaten in. The food was fantastic, and don't forget to try their signature famous sweet tea.The atmosphere was perfect, and the organization of the staff was excellent! The Deli is also located in an area that had easy access and ample parking. Catering is available!

• Visited June 2011