“Great Indian food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Surrounded by hotels and fuel stops the restaurant seems a bit lost on University Boulevard. However, if you like Indian Food, you should not miss it. If the interior is tasty or not, you have to judge yourself, the food definitively is!
I had a Lamb Bhuma with rice and Naan and a Mango Lassi which was very tasty. When I ordered I had a small talk with the waitress about how spicy the meal should be. She recommended to take it medium-hot, which was a good choice in my view. It was a bit spicy but not too much (nothing like it would be in India of course). The whole personel was very friendly. If there was music (I can't remember), it did not disturb.
I went there spontanously so I can't say anything about reservations. When I got there at roughly 8pm, there were two or three other tables (out of about 8 or so) occupied (Wednesday after Labor Day). There might be more guests earlier in the season.
The Taste of India gets my full recommendation.

• Visited September 2012

97% Recommend
MA
“Tried someplace new, Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We wanted to try somewhere new in the area, We found Taste of India on line and it had a good reviews. We got take out, and everything was good or excellent. The lamb vindaloo was great, and the Chicken Paatia was even better. We got medium spice but will try hot next time. The Chicken Pakora was also very tasty, the chilli dip was perfect, the right mix of spice and sweet. Naan was good, garlic naan had the right coating of garlic, not too much, not too little. Slightly on the pricey side but we are always willing to pay for great food. Meat Samosa and Aloo ztika were good as well.

• Visited August 2012
“Anything goes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Ate here once and am not going back. This is not great tasting Indian food( take it from one) infact it's not even average tasting. Single note flavors and uninspiring- blah!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
virginia
“Great Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I love Taste of India's food. They generally make it mild and will spice it up to your liking instead of the other way around like some Indian restaurants. The portions are fine for me, but my husband thinks they are small. My only gripe is that they overprice their breads, some of it twice what other restaurants in other cities charge. Good service and atmosphere is ok.

Visited April 2012
Raphine, Virginia
“Fine Indian Food, Gracious Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We frequent the Staunton location, but the Harrisonburg location, staffed by two of the owners, is the better of the two. The papadam was fresh and crispy, the vegetable samosa was delicious. Jaya's version of the chai tea is always great - order this over the regular chai by request. The tandoori cooked vegetables were excellent, as was the chicken dish that we ordered. The service, provided by Jaya and and another owner, was top notch - very friendly and courteous. My only wish is for the owners to spend more time at the Staunton location where the food is good, and well managed by Mausam, but not up to Harrisonburg quality.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Taste of India? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Taste of India, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.