“Back for lunch buffet” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Virginia
“Back for lunch buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011 via mobile

Ok, its one of my favs, but I thought I'd try the all-you-can-eat buffet. Wonderful. A new dish, chicken chili was offered. I wondered, but gave it a try. I'm glad I did. A tasty dish indeed. GO! You won't be sorry.

97% Recommend
Staunton
“Worth the 35 mile drive every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

The lunch buffet is a great way to become familiar with the tastes of India and quite the feed with amazing tastes and aromas. The specialty naan on the back of the menu is quite a find and fun. We drive 35 miles, driving past other restaurants to get there and the only time we were disappointed is when they were closed. The people are always friendly and it's fun to have conversations if time allows. The carrot and rice deserts are heavenly, especially from the buffet where you can have some of each. I'm sensitive to hot spicy foods, so I ask about meals and sometimes request dishes to be "toned down a bit". Don't be afraid it's too hot/spicy. If you want spicy, they can turn up the heat I'm sure. I love the food, price/value and service. The atmosphere is fine since I'd rather have the other 3 be excellent. I don't like red meat or fatty foods and have never had a problem here for probably 15 meals or so.
We recommend Taste of India to friends.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NJ
“Enjoyable Indian food in Virginia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011 via mobile

Comfortable restaurant serving delicious Indian cuisine.
Nice service, tasty
Chicken Korma and the vegetarian sampler.
A great find off I 81!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
USA
“The lunch buffet rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011 via mobile

The lunch buffet for just $8.95 is the best deal in town. The rice pudding is a must as is the naan. Fresh, hot food, stellar service, I just love this place.

Virginia
“The gods be praised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011 via mobile

In this neck of the woods, Indian restaurants are hard to find. It's a wonder to find one of this quality anywhere, much less here. You know an Indian by its masala, and here it was well prepared, flavorful and balanced. It's worth a visit, indeed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Taste of India? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Taste of India, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.