“Favorite Stay 3rd stop over” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 23 hotels in Harrisonburg
“Favorite Stay 3rd stop over”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Excellent hotel with free Internet and phone. Continental breakfast is basic and could be improved but the hotel is clean and comfortable with very friendly and helpful staff. Offered a upgrade to junior suite for $4 which we declined and have regretted ever since. Next time.

Room Tip: We were offered an upgrade to junior suite for $4 which we declined and are still regretting. What...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela P, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks in regards to our hotel. It is a pleasure to service guests such as yourselves. We look forward to your return stay and will make sure to put you in a suite.

403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have never had such great customer service at a hotel. Soon after I arrived I got really sick and Richard, the manager, went out of his way to help me out and make me feel comfortable. He offered to go pick up a prescription for me at the pharmacy, called my room several times to check on me (without being creepy or annoying), and brought me ice, towels, and tissues without me asking. In addition to that, the room was clean and comfortable, the continental breakfast was good (and left out past the time advertised), and the location was perfect - close to the highway and James Madison University. If I am back in the area I will definitely stay at this hotel and I encourage others to do the same.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We are very appreciative of your comments about our service and our hotel. So happy you are feeling better and trust you stay healthy in this tough flu season. I shared with our staff your comments and gift and are grateful once again. We look forward to seeing you the next time you might be in the area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We are driving cross-country to our new home in Las Vegas and we found this hotel on Priceline. The price was reasonable, the hotel was updated and well-maintained, our room was very comfortable and the breakfast was good. This hotel was a very positive experience. We were only looking for a good bed and a hot shower ... this hotel gave us that and more. This was a good value for our travel lodging dollar. I would strongly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I can't imagine them havin a bad room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Angela P, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I appreciate your comments and sincerely hope your relocation to LV goes well. We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to hopefully seeing you again the next time you visit the area.
Thanks again,

Richard
Hotel Manager
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous and pretty much brand new. The room was very comfortable and to say the very least about the staff....they were amazing. However! The desk is not staffed 24 hours, so if you check in late, plan on walking to the hotel next door. I thought that was a serious customer service no no. Also, the standard rooms don't even have coffee pots, let alone microwaves. Breakfast was a joke. Only two types of cereal, old apples were the only fruit, and the milk put out was spoiled! The towels in my room were stained, as well as the sheets, only one wash cloth, and not even a complimentary lotion or anything. To me, all of these things point to cheap, stingy, ownership. This hotel is in a great location, and new so it's very very sad to see it being poorly operated. The only decent thing they've managed to put in are the people working front desk.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Angela P, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
As always, I appreciate and encourage our guests to let us know how their stay was here at Microtel. It helps us achieve the goals we strive for each and every day. I have been here at the hotel literally every day during the month of January. I have spoken and or visited with virtually every guest we have had stay with us. It is what I enjoy doing. Not one of the guests I spoke with mentioned any of the issues you spoke of during your recent stay. Quite the contrary, their comments were appreciative of the level of service our staff provided and the quality of our hotel. Furthermore, my records indicate no guests from Chicago or the surrounding area having stayed at our hotel within the last six months. I would appreciate a courtesy phone call to discuss your stay and help me manage this opportunity. You can reach me at 540-437-3777, day or night. I look forward to speaking with you.

Hoosick Falls, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just returned from my fourth stay here. It was an excellent stay.

I don't usually learn the name of the staff where I stay. This hotel is so friendly that I know Peter checked us in and provided a very quiet room for us. Rita checked us out, and Richard, the manager, worked hard to make sure everything about our stay was fine.

Our room, 419 was very quiet. It is a corner room, with a storage room next to it---no neighbors. Comfortable beds.

This hotel is well maintained, very clean, very new, and reasonably priced.

This is perfect for a stopover while passing through Harrisonburg when all you want is a clean place for the night. There is a fridge in the room. Breakfast is basic, but adequate.

Room Tip: Room 419 is quiet. Two queen beds, a fridge. Corner room with storage room on the other side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Angela P, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
I appreciate your kind remarks about our hotel and staff. We pride ourselves in taking care of each and every guest with personalized service. Again, I thank you and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Manager

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!