“This is dining - not just eating” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 199 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Weston, West Virginia
“This is dining - not just eating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Good selection of food, but an even more impressive selection of wine and spirits. I ordered the portabella stuffed with crab, which was good, but a tad runny. My wife ordered the grilled swordfish which was superb. Though the portions are not huge, remembering this is dining, not eating.
The decor was pretty unique, utilizing the old train station structure wonderfully. The acoustics are painful with only a few diners and having a private conversation can be difficult.
The service was very good and prompt, though there was almost no interaction.
Overall the meal was enjoyable, but a bit on the expensive side. Still, we wouldn't hesitate to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Simple, good and Fresh! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We enjoyed it! Nice quiet dinner and the menu had a lot to choice from, including vegetarian options. It wasn't anything over the top but very good!

Winchester, Virginia
“Great service and great food made for a great evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We just spent the past week in Va Beach and the stop in Harrisonburg was a lay over night in route to our second week of vacation at Massenutten. I like to try new places when on vacations, or places new to me. I read some of the reviews which were not great, and boy were those wrong. Our waitress was Sky, and she was simply awesome, my special needs daughter loved her. Now to the food. I ordered the small Calamari for my appetizer, I looked at my wife and said it may be better than Watermans in Va Beach. I ordered the Po Boy, my wife ordered the Turkey Burger, and my daughter had the Chicken Tenders and fries from the kids menu. All the food was great and delivered on time. My daughter said the fries were the best she has had.
Great job and God Bless.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Smyrna, Delaware, United States
“Awesome Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This place had the BEST Burgers we ate the bar and the beer was cold, great place! The restaurant had a great atmosphere and the service was fast.

Visited June 2014
Ashland, Virginia
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Enjoyed a really good lunch with excellent service. Very tasty and reasonably priced. Enjoyed the historic atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere