My family of four stayed at this motel for one night. This was the cheapest I found around at the time of my search via Expedia. I was not expecting spectacular things with the low cost. Here are the things I like about this motel:
1) The room was clean, big enough as a basic motel, free breakfast, free wifi (relatively fast wifi compared to more expensive motels I've stayed in).
2) The staff was friendly and helpful, gave us tips of local attractions. I forgot a backpack in the room after checking out and called the front desk. The staff took my number and told me he will notify the cleaning team to look for my backpack. 30 minutes later I did get a call back that my backpack is waiting for pickup at the front desk. When I went back 2 hours later, it was returned to me with my iPad in it. Thank god!
3) The place is closed to many many shopping and eating place. It was surrounded by four or five malls with lots of stores. Zillions of food choices from fast food, specialty meal (Long John silvers), chain restaurants (Applebee's, Chili's), buffet, yogurt/sweet shop, boutique restaurants etc. If I were to stay for a week and eat out twice times a day I would not need to repeat eatery options.
I have changed five motels in my one week trip in the states and this is the cheapest, yet most cost-effective one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near James Madison and Easter Mennonite Universities, Off Interstate 81 exit 247A. Property has Interior as well as Exterior Corridor Buildings, and is close to numerous shopping and eating places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Choice Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Harrisonburg
- Harrisonburg Econo Lodge