“Well worth the money” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 23 hotels in Harrisonburg
“Well worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We were driving through Virginia at 3 in the morning and the kids were screaming. I looked up cheap hotels to grab a few hours sleep and this seemed to be the cheapest. We were a little uneasy based on the mixed reviews. When we got into the room it was really nice. I checked the blankets and pillows because I'm a clean freak and won't sleep anywhere there's a trace of hair or dirt. After my thorough check everything turned out clean. We had an amazing nights sleep! The only thing that I was disappointed in was the breakfast hours. I didn't know the time it was served so I looked online and couldn't find it. We went there at 10 and breakfast was long over. Come to find out it is from 6-9. Other than that everything was great including the receptionist. I highly recommend it!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
EL182, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. The feedback we receive from our guests help us to improve upon and make their future stay even more enjoyable.

Pankaj Patel, GM.

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Demarest, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The lobby was spacious and clean and gave a great impression. We had a room in the rear and it was very large. The bed was just right, however the linens were pretty scratchy. The rest of the room was fine, the desk and lamp were well situated and the TV was a nice flat screen. The next morning we had a simple breakfast and were on our way, well rested!

Room Tip: stay on the side away from the highway. It is quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
EL182, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
We appreciate the compliments. Your feedback is very important to us. We use comments from our guests to make necessary changes and improve upon our current practices so that all of our guests can have an enjoyable stay.

Pankaj Patel, GM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our non-smoking room smelled smokey (especially the pillows) and moldy/musty. Flat pillows, thin towels. Very small room. For some reason in room 201, they put the hanging clothes holder right beside one side of the bed so you had to duck to get in and out of bed. Not pleasant with the 3 AM bathroom run! Stains on the bedside were unsightly. Coffee was good. Need more continental breakfast options. Had a sign that said "do not put hard boiled eggs in microwave", however they weren't any eggs there. Can't believe I paid $79 for these accommodations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
EL182, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Please accept my apology for not failing to reach your level of satisfaction. The feedback we receive from our guests are important to us and are always appreciated.

Pankaj Patel. GM
Timonium, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this Econolodge for two nights. The lobby and breakfast area were very nice and looked like they had recently been remodeled. The staff were very friendly and ready to help. We could tell that our room was old by the ceilings and walls, but the bathroom had been remodeled and the furniture all looked new. I am assuming the carpet was also new-ish. This hotel accepts pets, so I was wary - but there was no odor and the room was very clean.
They do have the signs in the bathroom that says they are going green and if you leave you towels hung up they won't be changed. They changed ours anyway. So that is not entirely a bad thing - it just made me wonder if the going green signs were corporate policy or just there for show.
The breakfast was no extravagant by any means. But the coffee was decent. There were bagels, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, and toast available. So there was no fruit or hot choices, but I thought is was decent for the price of the hotel.
Overall, I would not get really excited about staying here again, but if I was passing through Harrisonburg on a budget again, I would stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
EL182, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your candid comments. I'm glad that you see the values we present to our guests. As you are aware of it, we did an extensive renovations but still lot to do. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!