“Friendly and Conveniently Located” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
“Friendly and Conveniently Located”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, convenient location, easy access from the Interstate, and comfortable rooms make the Holiday Inn a perfect place for a night's stop or a place to spend a few nights. Located directly across the road from a small shopping mall and near numerous restaurants there are many options for spending one's time,and it is just a brief drive west to the quaint downtown area of Harrisonburg. The rooms are comfortably sized, neatly organized and furnished, but are starting to appear a bit "tired". One addition that would make an excellent improvement to the rooms would be a small refrigerator. There is space for one. The pool area is nice and would be a perfect place to spend a cold winter day if they would spend a little to heat the water to a more comfortable temperature. On-site restaurant is pleasant and the food is adequate, but there are better restaurants nearby.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Large room with good beds, ok workspace and WLAN. Not Scandinavian standard on baths, but then again which US hotels in this category does. Very cozy bar, nice people, ok, but "not that many choices" breakfast. Yeah, I can stop her again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was surprised by the overall high standards at this Holiday Inn, because of the often negative tone of the reviews here. The staff were friendly and efficient, the location was convenient and the price was right. It's a Holiday Inn in Harrisonburg, not a W in Manhattan and it's absolutely fine. The pool looks great too.

Room Tip: Try for the Executive Tower.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
schico, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Hello, Benvorlich!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations. I hope that you will continue to be plesantly surprised as you explore other Holiday Inn Hotels and start to realize that we are no longer the Holiday Inn that we were a decade ago. The brand has done a great deal to bring itself up to par and to shake off the older, more dated conceptions of what it is to be a Holiday Inn. Specifically, I hope that you will come back to Harrisonburg and stay with us again. We would love to continue to WOW you in your future trips to our area.

Thanks again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The room was very clean and smell free. Comfortable bed. No hot water! Sunk and shower was Luke warm- border line cold. Probably would not stay here again b/c of that. I pricelined it so I really didn't have a choice..

• Stayed November 2012
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

But out of date now. The staff was great, friendly and very helpful, but I really want a good clean place to sleep with a good bed. The pool looked beautiful, but we had no time for a swim. The rooms are small, even the suites, although they were clean. The beds aren't great and the linens are thin. You'll have to upgrade to the suites, because the pool side of the hotel has an old, moldy and mildewy smell. I got a headache immediately. I usually like the Holiday Inns, but this one has seen better days. It won't see us again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
schico, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear goodpicker:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a candid review of our hotel. We value this kind of feedback because it gives a glimpse of the hotel as our guests see it. We need that kind of perspective in order to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. Thank you for your contribution.

The next time that you stay with us or at any of our other properties, please address these kinds of concerns to the Manager on Duty so that he/she may deal with your needs in a particular way.

Thanks again, for your time and input.

Washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Nice staff and excellent new room, however some parts of the hallways were in need of refurbishment. This must have been an incredible luxury hotel 15-20 years ago, and it's been recently face-lifted, but only cosmetically. More updates are required.
Loved the breakfast - abundant and very reasonably priced. Front desk service was very helpful and pleasant. Loved my room, large, new and modern, but I may have been lucky - I'm not sure all rooms are similar. Overall I think it was an excellent deal for the price and I'd stay again.

Room Tip: #559 was fantastic!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is not easy to get to off of south I81. The room had a very musty smell and had obviously been smoked in at some point. The ice machine on the second floor was not working. When we hot to the room the TV was not working and after calling the front desk and being told they would be right up, we waited for about 20 minutes and ended up fixing it ourselves by unplugging and replugging everything in again. We called the desk to let them know and they said " I was getting ready to come up. The hallways were dark with old smelly carpet. Overall not a great stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
schico, General Manager at Holiday Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Lloyd72:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. We use these and other review sites to gather insight into our guests' needs and impressions. I consider this kind of feedback to be essential to our improvement and continued success.

I am sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with certain aspects of our facility. i am dispatching my maintenance and housekeeping staff to attend to the ice machine and carpets respectively.

I am also working with the front desk manager to try to reduce response times to customer concerns. I am not sure of the circumstances exactly, but there may have been some reason that the front desk was delayed, such as a major check in rush at an unexpected time, or another emergency. As I said, I will be working with my front desk manager to ensure that we reduce our response times.

If there are any particular issues that you would like to discuss further with me, I invite you to call the hotel directly and ask for ext 602. I would be delighted to hear from you and work for further service improvement.

Thank you, again, for your time and for your candid comments!

Scott C.

Been to Holiday Inn Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!