“Meh...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 23 hotels in Harrisonburg
Fayetteville, PA
“Meh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was looking for someplace cheap to stay and this super 8 was the right price for me. Now, I know that because it was less expensive that it probably was going to have its flaws, and it definitely did.

The hallway on the first level smelled horribly of smoke. I know that there is smoking allowed in some rooms, but it was so bad that I had to hold my breath when walking through the hallway (luckily my room was not too far from the end of it). The room I stayed in did not smell of smoke.

The room was just okay. Nothing fancy. The layout was not great as there was a rack for hanging clothes/jackets/suits/etc just above the mini-fridge and microwave. Meaning if you hung anything there you wouldnt have access to the fridge and microwave without having to move the clothes. There were also broken electrical outlet covers and the connections were very loose. Very dangerous if you have small children or pets (i did not). The beds were fine and the shower/water was fine as well. The TV and a/c worked perfectly.

The staff was very friendly. I only interacted with 2 individuals (at check in and again at check out) but both were great. I cant comment on the free breakfast as I checked out before it started.

Bottomline: You get what you pay for with this hotel. Don't expect a palace. I would come here again if it were just me, or me and a friend looking to just stay the night. However, if i were traveling with my family I would not stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

After driving for several hours we stopped at the Super 8 seeing the rates were really good and only needing a place to sleep for one night. They had "Non Smoking" King room available...We checked in, went to our room and as we stepped on the hall the smell of smoke would knock your head off! Went into our "non smoking" room and the smell was just as bad in the very hot room. Also, noticed that the room just happened to have several ashtrays for the non smokers?? Thinking maybe once the air was moving it would get better?? I have an allergy to smoke and it makes me sick, eyes water, throat sore..etc. I had to immediately take a Benadryl! Also, this is 12pm and my husband called the front desk to inform them that they said we had a non smoking room but that it was so much smoke we could not breathe and they said it was nothing that they could do about the situation! With it being so late, us so tired from driving and not knowing where we would find another room, we put a towel around the door and hoped everyone would soon be sleeping and not smoking, we stayed but had to get out early as the smoke was filling the room very early the next morning! I will not recommend this place to anyone. You can not say you have "Non Smoking" rooms when they are truely not! Some people have allergies and health reasons that should be taken much more serious than just sticking them in a room because you can.

Room Tip: Don't Choose Any of These Rooms!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Haven
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was better than I expected! The rates were very cheap, the employee at the font desk was very nice, and it was perhaps the cleanest Super 8 I have stayed in. A good option if you are on the road, and need a clean place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Jennifer3778, Manager at Super 8 Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks for posting your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again on your next visit to our area.

Been to Super 8 Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!