“Fleas and broken tv” 1 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Motel   |   3330 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801-2674   |
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
“Fleas and broken tv”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel had visible fleas, the good reviews are for super 8 James Madison not super 8 Harrisonburg. However the desk clerk was nice and accomadating and he let us change to another dirty room

• Stayed July 2012
Jennifer3778, Manager at Super 8 Harrisonburg, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thanks for posting your review! We do allow pets in certain rooms and sometimes guest do not tell us and bring pets into other rooms and cause the problems with fleas. We have a contract in place with the pest control company and try to control the which rooms are pet rooms. We are sorry and hope you try us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The motel room was dirty - hair in the bathroom - not sure the towels had actually been laundered - as well as the sheets - bedspreads had a weird dirty feeling to them - tub stained with dirt - the furniture is beat up - the room we had, 212, was directly across from a busy truck stop - very loud - The front desk person was not very welcoming - his family was hanging out in the very small lobby. The motel all in all had a creepy feeling - cannot put my finger on it. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. Definintely OVER priced for what it was. The only positive thing I can say is that at least the room did not smell.

Room Tip: IF you have to stay here make sure to get a room on the backside of the motel - away from the traffi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer3778, Manager at Super 8 Harrisonburg, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I am sorry your stay wasn't good. The hotel has tried to contact you but you didn't want to talk to us. When you checked out you did not complain about any of the problems during your stay. I assure you that the towels and sheets get washed everyday!! Your room was cleaned and inspected before we rented it. Again I am sorry you didn't have a good stay and I hope if you come back again we can make the next stay better for you!
Anderson, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel is very basic, but clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Of the two beds in our room, one was quite soft, the other was better. Carpet looked new, and there was a very nice small refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seneca, sc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The room was mostly clean but there were definitely no extras. We had 1 washcloth and 2 towels for the two of us. When we asked for a replacement box of tissue, the clerk said "why do you need them? No, we dont have extras.". The next morning there were ozens of boxes on the cleaning lady's cart. Lol. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel after 16 hours driving. My mother, daughter and I were given room 303. The room was infested with fleas (figured that out while trying to sleep) , people were slamming doors so couldn't sleep. We were there from 5pm til 1030pm. We decided since we couldn't sleep there we would shower and leave. Oh, new toilet paper we unwrapped was full of brown and green stuff. So I go to counter to complain and all they can offer is $10 back and move my room. I told them we just wanted to go I was so disgusted. He said he couldn't help that I should have told him sooner and he would have moved us. I told him it would have been pointless I would call the manager he told me she's never there . I also mentioned staying at another super 8 so he called them and couldn't even discuss the situation in English on the phone in front of me. I am very very disappointed in this hotel!! 2nd Wyndam hotel I have been disgusted with.

• Stayed June 2012
PA,USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Friendly staff. Our quiet room was renovated with new equipment, including a refrigerator with a good size freezer compartment, flat screen TV, comfortable new beds, new phone, remote control A/C and an attractive new carpet. The breakfast was mostly starch, so I didn't eat there. Hard boiled eggs would have been much appreciated, but it was economical at $54. My rating is based upon its class, which made it better than average. The not too far away Sheetz gas station carried reg. gas at slightly over $3 per gal., which was a real find these days. There is also an Ollie's Bargain Outlet even closer for practical bargain hunters.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to post your review! We are launching a new breakfast program starting September 1st offering more healthy choices, fruit, yogurt, waffles. Hope you can stop again on your next trip to the area
Hayward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

last year i stayed here in way to Florida and it was nice, so i decide to at this motel going to home. and they completely change from office to the rooms. nice and clean rooms, affordable price, micro-fridge, WiFi, and breakfast. i recommend this super 8 motel to anyone who's traveling and get good room and affordable price in this economy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer3778, Manager at Super 8 Harrisonburg, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to complete your review! We are working to improve the customer experience. Hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Been to Super 8 Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!