“Checked out early.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Harrisonburg

You added Days Inn Harrisonburg to your Saves list
Days Inn Harrisonburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1131 Forest Hill Road, I-81 & Port Republic Exit 245, Harrisonburg, VA 22801 (Formerly Days Inn James Madison University)   |
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
WASHINGTON
“Checked out early.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Pool was NOt heated. Pool room was cold. Coffee packet in room, but no cups. The knob on the heater was missing. Could not adjust temperature Room was not clean. Planned on staying 2 nights, but checked out to move to another hotel. Upon checking out, waited 5 minutes, no one came to front desk, just left key.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We stayed there just to sleep during our Christmas travel. The first room we stayed in, the bed was covered with hair and the heating unit was covered in debris. We were moved to another room where we found crumbs in the sheets. The floor was dirty and the worst part was that both rooms reeked of smoke covered with a paint smell. Not only did we not sleep a wink, I developed an upper respitory infection. Management would not return any calls and the email I was given did not work. I am looking into reporting this establishment to the health board.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed in the hotel the night after they had some snow. They made almost no effort to clear parking lots. After we took our life in our hands to get to the front desk they blew off my concern about the ice. In the morning, I asked to speak to the manager and was told he/she wasn't there. I emailed the hotel about my concerns and the email address given on the receipt did not work. The hotel room itself was dirty, and routine maintenance was really lacking.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Schenectady
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel is in the process of refurbishing the rooms. I had a room on the 4th floor with a king size bed. (The 4th floor is the 1st floor they have completed). The room was clean and had plenty of room. The hotel provides a free continental breakfast in the morning which was also good. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is very close to near gas stations and restaurants as well as the university. The only downside is it is also close to I-81. The room I had was on the opposite side of the building and we were still able to hear the road noise. However, it did not affect my ability to get to sleep or awaken me during the night.

Room Tip: The 4th floor was the only floor offering king-size beds and with the hotel very close to I-81 I wou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Harrisonburg

Address: 1131 Forest Hill Road, I-81 & Port Republic Exit 245, Harrisonburg, VA 22801 (Formerly Days Inn James Madison University)
Location: United States > Virginia > Harrisonburg
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Harrisonburg 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Harrisonburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn James Madison University Hotel Harrisonburg
Hotel Sites
Harrisonburg Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Harrisonburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.