“Make sure to view your room!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Make sure to view your room!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We arrived to drop off our luggage in room and left to attend a wedding for our son. Much to our surprise, when we returned to room the toilet was leaking around the base and when you flush, it would leak water in pools in the bathroom( had to put towels down to absorb water running everywhere) Also the bathtub would fill up when showering. ( How nice to stand in a bathtub of water when trying to dry off) and to top it off, the heating/air was not working. I reported these matters to the front desk to a male working there, told him I needed to change rooms as I have a Diabetic in room and could not go without heat or air. He stated no rooms available so I ask for blankets. He brought some blankets to room but stated he was not sure if they were clean or not as it has dirty spots on them! So, needless to say, we did not use the extra blankets as we did not know if they were clean. It was a very cool night but we made it through. When arriving at front desk, they greeted me by saying, "There you are!, we have been waiting for you!" I was caught by surprise, explaining to them the conditions of the room. The maintenance man said he has told the owner time and time again that the circuit breakers were weak for that room and needed to be replaced. Seems odd that they have a room with known problems and would still rent it out?? I made my arrangements well in advance so this is not a last minute arrival or just show up at desk. Although I received an apology, I was highly disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
ramadamgr, Manager at Ramada Harrisonburg, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
We apologize that your experienced this issue and thank you for your feedback so we can prevent this from happening in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Stayed here late July and Enjoyed my stay. The bed was very cozy (we had a king). bathroom was a little small but was clean and well stocked, I really like the color scheme in the room too (yeah Silly to like such a thing, but I noticed and appreciated). LOVED the Fridge in the room, very important to me since I have a medical condition that I need to drink a lot of water for so I had nice clod drinks in the morning. The room was nice and clean and no problems with the AC in fact I was a little chilly in the morning. Oh and the 8foot deep pool was awesome.

I've read some of the other reviews for this place and have to wonder if this really was the same place. I felt safe in the room the room has standard dead bolts and security chains. (I was shocked by the previous review) there was nothing to make me think this is a bad area.

Overall I'd say give the place a chance, if you just want a clean no frills (fridge and breakfast aside) place to get a good nights sleep then this is about right. if you want something really fancy you can go pay twice this much!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay we strive for success and value all of our associates here at Ramada. We have recognized the associates that were able to ensure you had a pleasant stay.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I am traveling down the east coast and I have to say this is the best hotel I have every stayed in. the rates are great, the rooms are cozy and the staff are fantastic! I had one issue Maintiance wise but the maintiance man was right on top of it and had it fixed for me in no time flat and was very efficient and polite. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
We thank you and are glad you reccomend our hotel. Please continue to allow us to assist you with all your future lodging needs.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

What a dump. This place is disgusting. The room smells awful. Another low-budget hotel on the Corporate Lodging Card (CLC) list. Security here in non-existent. The door lock is flimsy and there is a cheap chain as a back-up. All room doors can be accessed from the outside. I barricaded the door with my luggage and "slept" with my service weapon under my pillow. I am here because we are limited by our agency as to where we can stay - needs to be on the CLC list.

The nicest thing about this place was the nice clerk at the front desk - that's it. The rest was downhill.

I recommend one of the two Hampton Inn's in Harrisonburg if you have to stay in this area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
We have since renovated our property and apologize that you had this issue, we have brand new beds and carpet as well as a security system in place. We thank you for the feedback and apologize you had a bad experience.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

While the outside of the hotel makes it look pretty sketchy, the rooms are actually quite nice with little touches that make a big a difference, there's a freezer in the fridge and a microwave and the bed was pretty comfortable. There were a couple things that weren't functioning like they were supposed to but all in all a good place to stay if you aren't looking for luxury.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
We thank you for your review and have had renovations, we are glad you had a good experience. We strive for success at Ramada Harrisonburg and wiethout guest feedback we could not achieve this success. Thanks again.
Laurel, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

This was a scanky hotel. This Ramada use to be a Holiday Inn. The parking lot is uninviting and the grounds are unwelcoming with neglected landscaping. This hotel is in great need of renovations and updating as it is very outdated. The sink is pink, and the boxspring which is visible has tears in it. The pictures on their website are misleading. We were to have had a nonsmoking room, but the room smelled bad nontheless. The housekeeping needs to do a better job dusting. The advertised full breakfast was disappointing as there was no meat offered. There was an unchilled bowl of hard boiled eggs in the offering. Beware!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
We have since renovated and thank you for the review as we can resolve issues that we do not know about. We apologize you had a bad experience and strive to ensure that this does not happen again.
Norwalk, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Pool was nice, but right along highway ramp, quiet rooms, bathrooms need some TLC, remote for tv didn't work, trouble each day with key pass,did not care for breakfast, but I guess that you get what you pay for....

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
We thank you for the feedback and have resolved the issues, please stay again
Thanks

Been to Ramada Harrisonburg? Share your experiences!