“Oh, Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Madison, Virginia
“Oh, Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I just finished having lunch at Xenia, which is an unprepossessing little hole in the wall in Harrisonburg. The food is fantastic.

Although, sandwiched between an in enormous Qdoba and an nTelos wireless in a large strip mall, Xenia provides first rate fare.

Warren ordered the Tripoli, combination of lamb, chicken and Schwarma in a sandwich on pita, with a side of tabbouleh. I tasted the tabbouleh; it was excellent.

I opted for several side dishes… And was not sorry that I did, because it gave me an opportunity to try a variety of their offerings.

I had a portion of Kubai, rice and beef with spices in a fritter like shell served with a little bit yogurt cucumber salad, tomatoes, and some lettuce and onions. It was flavorful, especially after I added a little bit of the spicy seasoned salt that comes on each table. was on the ground. I ordered some Nok, chick peas in a mildly spiced sauce and onions. Also tasty.

Although they referred to it as a side dish, what I considered my entrée was chicken biryani, which was wonderful. But the knock out side dish was their string beans… My, oh my.

To top it off, we had some baklava, which had just come out of the oven. It was simply to die for… It doesn't get better than warm, homemade baklava.

suzieKat

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Delish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

The food was so good especially the rice. The restaurant its self is a bit crowded but the service is excellent!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Myersville
“Return Required”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Very interesting choices and combinations! Freshly made pitas. Side salad was dinner sized. My chicken pita was full of chunks of meat, green beans, tomatoes, romaine and more with a spicy pineapple horseradish sauce-half of this I took home. My husband had the lamb platter with the hot pepper sauce. Also had the Kurdish soup-curried lentils and a little rice- yum! Julie was our waitress-knowledgable, accommodating and very friendly. Talked with another patron who comes here often. He said he has never had a meal here he did not enjoy. We will be back.

Visited February 2014
Zana H, Manager at Xenia Kebab Grille, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for writing a review! We appreciate your feedback. Customer service is important to us and we are glad you had a positive experience with the food and the server!
Staunton, Virginia
“Too Little Food for Price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

In the past, Xenia was one of my favorite restaurants. However, I have noticed that the portion sizes for kabobs has been steadily decreasing. I went there the other day, ordered two kabobs, and received 6 to 8 inch-size pieces of steak. I even asked the server if this could possibly be TWO kabobs. She said yes. So, I don't plan to go to Xenia's anymore because I just can't pay around $10 for a 6" plate of salad and 6-8 very, very small pieces of steak. It's just not worth it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for writing a review! We are sorry that you did not enjoy the experience. We hope that you will come in again so we can give you a better experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we would like to talk to you more about your visit to Xenia. Your opinion is valued and we want to keep customers happy and coming back.
Waynesboro, VA
“After church dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love Xenia's food! We often go after church on Sundays and always enjoy this small restaurant. If you like Middle-eastern/Mediterranean food, try Xenia!

Visited February 2014
Thank you for writing us a review! We value our loyal customers. Your feedback is important to us. It helps us keep customers happy and improve customer service. We look forward to seeing you again!