“Fabulous bbq and comfortable atmosphere for a good price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Boston
“Fabulous bbq and comfortable atmosphere for a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I'm always on the lookout for a good grill for smoked meats. Pulled pork is my fav but brisket is a good second. My dinner partner and I both had the trio special tonight, with my two favorite meats and sausage. I really enjoyed the pork but the the chucky brisket was a real surprise because it was great. The sausage was tasty as well. The three meats was a very large portion and could easily be split or make a great lunch leftover. I paired it with some good onion rings. Not so thrilled with the collards because they were a little crispy which is not my usual preparation. Also enjoyed the nice corn muffins starter. Give this place a try or the one in Newport News on Morris Blvd.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Suffolk, Virginia
“Favorite Langley lunch spot bar none!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My office has all our "going away" luncheons here for the Airmen. We absolutely love their BBQ. Personally I love the brisket, steamed veggies and fries. I've never known anyone to walk away from here hungry or dissatisfied. They have a great staff that really makes you feel at home and they take great care of you. When we have family visit from out of town I take them here.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Absolutely amazing BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is one of those places that isn't advertised a lot and that the locals know about. The BBQ here is absolutely phenomenal. The meat is tender and the choice of sauces to top your BBQ to your liking is great. I've been here multiple times for business lunches and for personal dining stops and have never been dissappointed.

The atmosphere is ok, nothing too special. The staff have always been kind, friendly, and helpful...no complaints there either.

My only complaint is that the bathrooms have been a little dirty when I've visited, but it could have been when I just happened to visit. Otherwise, this is an outstanding dining option if you are ever in Hampton.

Also, the cornbread they serve before dinner here is spectacular. If I go without my wife, she always wants me to bring her some back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

From Monday to Sunday there is a special going on and all of them are a deal most of all Wednesday when they do $0.99 draft beer from 5-6 and $1.99 draft beer from 6-7 and $2 well drinks from 7-9. The food usually takes about 5 minutes to get to you after you order. All of the food is fresh and the side items are superbe and don't even get me started on how good the desserts are. The same cannot be said about ever other restaurant on mercury blvd. I have found my new favorite restaurant to eat and drink.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hampton, Virginia
“Great If you like honky tonk!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Celebrated my husband's 59th birthday at this eatery. The food was average, according to me. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his baby back ribs and sides. We drank margaritas that turned to cold water after 10-15 minutes. We both did not enjoy the cocktails. The waiter who served us found out that we were celebrating my husband's bday and surprised him with their version of strawberry shortcake. I thought it wasa nice gesture of the waiter. The food prices are a bit pricey. I think many rednecks go there to drink beer before heading home for the night.
I would probably not go back there. It was not my type of atmosphere to dine at.