“Good hotel in great location...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 26 hotels in Hampton
Fort Meade, Maryland
“Good hotel in great location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I think this hotel is excellent value and location. It is behind the Hilton Garden Inn. Close proximity to Hampton Coliseum and easy access to I-64 and I-664. The room was clean and spacious. It was very quiet and the staff was extremely helpful! Will stay again!

• Stayed July 2014

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had trouble finding this hotel late at night. It shares the same entrance as a Hilton Garden Inn and is basically invisible from the highway when you are coming from the direction of I64.

My room on the third floor was in good condition and everything worked as expected. Bed was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was OK but the toilet paper holder is far away from the toilet. Internet speed was adequate.

Breakfast buffet was a disappointment. Exact same fare every morning, no variation. At least most other locations try to vary the hot items every day.

Green Features: I did not notice any environmentally-friendly practices
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Springhill Suites Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites Hampton. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. This helpful information will be communicated with our kitchen staff so maybe we can try mixing it up a little with our breakfast. Again, thank you for your time and response. Respectfully, Teresa S.
Hinesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my family stayed here for 2 nights from the 29 of july until the 31st it was ok staff was nice room was decent only problem was the pool was small and the hallways were freezing other than that it was a good stay over all would definitely come back again. And they had a great military discount.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the SpringHill Suites Hampton on TripAdvisor. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. So please do hesitate to contact the hotel directly next time your in the Hampton area! We'll do our best to make sure we don't freeze you out next time :) .... Teresa S.
Columbia, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My in laws stayed in this hotel recently and were not at all impressed. The room was clean and the front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. However, they said the beds were HORRIBLE! They woke up in pain all through the night due to how uncomfortable they were.They had to place 3 calls to the manager before they got a response from her. When she did call she proceeded to tell them how wonderful the beds are and that she had never gotten a complaint about them before. The lady staying in the room next door to my family told them it was the most horrible bed she had ever slept in also. For the price of the hotel, I don't believe the quality of the bedding meets the standards of the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joplin, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stay dates: June 9-13.
I have to say the service at the front desk of this hotel was excellent. My flight was delayed both in Dallas and Atlanta on my way to Newport News. I spoke with a gentleman named Anthony twice and he assured me they would wait for my arrival. When I finally did get to the hotel, he was very helpful regarding local restaurants and suggested some that would deliver, since I was so tired. Througout my visit, the desk clerks were very personable, but the one who went out of his way to help was Anthony.
The hotel was very easy to find and the area was pretty and conveniently located.The breakfasts were nice and accomodating to most diets.
The room was okay. My alarm clock didn't work and there were cracked tiles in the shower/bath. One little quirk to that particular bathroom is that the toilet paper holder is pretty far away from the toilet. (Simple fix--I just removed it and placed in on the rail of the bathtub!) Upon arrival I did not have a channel guide and asked for one the following day, but never received one. I also didn't have regular coffee in the room the first night, only decaffeinated. The room was fairly clean; the lobby and breakfast areas were immaculate.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have my grandchildren with me and find many activities to do. They love the breakfast! The breakfast staff was very nice and the food is great! Love the turkey sausage. If you are here, you are of everything for a family! Had a great holiday

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lusby, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property 6/6 thru 6/8. We were in room 215. There was a large rip in the sofa pillow, the white cotton showing. We killed 7 bugs the first night and3 the next morning and 4 the second night. No towels, washcloths were in the room when we checked in at 8:pm. No clock/alarm radio. Reported it to the desk. The attendant brought 1 small bar of soap, some dish towels one bath towel, no wash cloths until we went to the desk. They gave us 2 wash cloths. We were told that the radio was not their problem, engineering had to see to that. We also wrote all of this down with our name and contact info and gave it to the front desk for the manager. No one responded in any way. No one even attempted to talk to us or try to offer any other assistance. I am a Marriott Reward customer. This is the worst visit that I ever experienced at a Marriott Facility. I don't know if I ever will stay at Marriott again. Someone could have at least talked to us about this. There has been no response at all.

Green Features: I feel that they were not performed to the standards that I am accustomed to at Marriott.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Teresa S, Front Office Manager at Springhill Suites Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hi Mr. Charles H, We are sorry to hear this. We'd like to look into it for you. Would you be able to contact the hotel directly so I can further talk to you about your past stay? Kind Regards, Teresa

Been to Springhill Suites Hampton Coliseum? Share your experiences!