“Decent Stay, Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Virginia
“Decent Stay, Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed in a king room with a sofa bed and we felt cramped with my wife and two sons. It was difficult getting the temperature regulated in the room. Either the room was freezing cold or extremely hot and that was with the thermostat being set at 72. The breakfast offering was pretty standard. The room was clean and the hotel overall was clean but it isnt anything special.
We were considering staying at Embassy Suites, next time we will stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Springhill_Manager, Manager at Springhill Suites Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
The cleaning staff was very happy to hear that you thought that the rooms and hotel were clean. I and the staff take great pride in the cleanliness of the entire building. If you and your family decide to stay with us again I recommend reserving a room with two queen beds or two double beds. The recommended occupancy for the room you stayed in is three people. I am sure that the rooms with two beds and a pullout sofa would be more than sufficient for the size of your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

First night we were booked in a handicapped room. Not a big deal but it was half the size of a non-handicaped room. Not at all a suite (which is what our main need was). We could live with that - however the bathroom had bugs and was filthy.

Second night - the staff was great to move us to another room. It was a hassle to change rooms but worth it!

Had I been put in a clean room to begin with - I would probably recommend this place. However the first night experience has turned me off of this hotel. I had a 3 night visit booked later this month - and I have cancelled it. First impressions go a long way with me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to fill out a survey about the Springhill Suites Hampton. Our staff is committed to providing the highest quality service. I apologize that the first room you were in was not up to Marriott or my own standards. I have spoken with all department heads and explained my concerns. Once you spoke with my staff I am glad they were able to move you to a room that met your needs. Next time you are coming to Hampton give me a call at 757-310-6323 and I will make sure that you have a wonderful stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed here for my 25th birthday weekend while shopping in Hampton and Williamsburg. Stayed on memorial day weekend while a baseball team and fAmily reunion was there. It was busy! While most Of the staff handled the sitUation very well, others did not.

The breAkfast was regular Springhill standards. Due to allthe guests there were, some had to wait on certain items such as bacon and waffles.

The location is great! Shopping and eateries just up the road. 24 hour sonic around corner for late nite snacks! About a hour drive either direction to beach or outlet shopping!

Awesome stAy in great location! Right behind hilton garden inn!

• Stayed May 2011
Springhill_Manager, General Manager at Springhill Suites Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Springhill Suites Hampton Coliseum Central. Memorial Day weekend was the start of the summer for our hotel. It was this weekend that we realized that we needed a larger staff for breakfast. We now have a manger on duty that has helped our free breakfast run much more efficiently. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you visit us again next time you are in Hampton, VA.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

This hotel was wonderful! It was very clean, and even allowed me to check in early! Staff was great all weekend, and were very quick to help with whatever we needed. Check-out was quick and easy as well. We look forward to staying again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Hampton Coliseum Central. I have shared your review with the entire staff. When we receive positive feedback it shows that the hard work that all the associates do pays off. We will continue to provide amazing customer service so that everyone will enjoy their stay as much as you.
raleigh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Recent stay management had a booked party that was very noisy and would have them turn down the music. Called four times and no satisfaction. They sent someone up who claimed not to hear the music until I pointed out what I was hearing. He then said that it was a party downstairs on the first floor. We were staying on the fourth floor. Finally at 12:30 AM the music stopped. Beds were very uncomfortable

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
I apologize that your recent stay was not up Marriott or my own standards. On June 1st I became the General Manager of the Springhill Suites Hampton Coliseum Central. Since I have been here I have enacted a no party policy. I know that when people travel they want to be able to relax in their room without being disturbed. Since Memorial Day we have added more highly trained staff members. This influx of staff has helped us improve everything from the quality of breakfast to the level of guest service at night. Next time you are in Hampton please stop by and see what a difference a few months can make!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I arrived with my entire family on a Friday morning after a very long drive. The front desk service representative Daela Turner welcomed us with a smile. She was very friendly and professional. We reserved 3 rooms for our large group and Daela worked her magic to get all rooms on the same floor and close to each other. She went so far as to change one room to arrange for my parents to be right next door! This was perfect, we traveled with our young daughter and she wanted to visit her grandparents often. During our stay, Daela and all the other service representatives were friendly and hospitable, lots of smiles and greetings in every area of the hotel. They all understand and delivered exceptional guest service!!

• Stayed May 2011
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I had my babyshower at the springhill suite in there conference room. I had family checking in at about 4am in the morning. The front desk person was aware that I had a baby shower that following day and they allow my guest to check in early with no additional charge for checking in early. My husband and I was very happy that the front desk staff took care of them and made them feel special. Thanks for going the extra mile

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Springhill Suites Hampton Coliseum? Share your experiences!