“Best Italian around!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
“Best Italian around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The pizza tastes just like you would get in New York! Great Greek salad and dressing! The family who owns it couldn't be any nicer, and welcomes families with kids!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

75% Recommend
Hampton, Virginia
“Old school Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

If your looking for some down home old school Italian than this is your place. Looks can be deceiving as the out side looks like an updated pizza hut lol But on the inside reminds me of warm Italian hearts
The food is top notch home made fresh pasta and sauces great service by long time veterans warm bread perfect addition crisp salads with homemade dressing we took home half of our order as it was just to much So wanted to try the deserts since the food was homemade I bet the deserts are as well

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hampton, Virginia
“Quite a change from 1968”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

When my finacee and I lived on Cummings Ave, we were too poor to eat at what was then a pizza take out. Years later, I have been there several times and have always enjoyed what I ordered. The amount of food delivered for the price is fantastic and everything I've ordered has been excellent. My last meal was spaghetti with sausage and peppers, which gave me two dinners and a lunch. The only thing I find lacking is the salad which is both small and plain, though it may well be what is actually normally served in Italy.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Too much food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I wandered into Mama Rosa on moving-in night in April, accompanied by brother and his wife. I was soo tired and hungry. We were greeted by manager Stefan like we were long, lost friends. My brother and I chose the crumbed, grilled chicken. Never heard of this. It was good, not great. A bit dry. But huge! Went back next night alone for calamari in olive oil/garlic. (Special request). It was divine. Also adored lemon mascarpone cake. OMG. Sweetheart and I went 2 nights later. He had veal piccata, I had a daily Special, seafood crepes in tomato cream with vodka. 3 huge crepes packed with shrimp, scallops and lobster. I don't think I even put my fork down once! The servings of any entree will easily serve 2-3 people, or 1"piggy" like moi. All of their desserts are over the top, and too numerous to list. (Death by Chocolate cake, anyone?)
The staff remembers you and makes you feel like a family member. We love this place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Very friendly, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff is always friendly and food is wonderful - at first it seemed pricey for a pasta dish, but the dinner includes a salad, bread, and large portions so you definitely get what you pay for in quality. They offer carryout so you can get a high quality, relatively inexpensive meal by ordering a sub or pizza. Subs are very good, the 8" is large enough for my husband and I to split since it is filled with a lot of meat. I dined in for a girls night and the atmosphere was good, no loud music or tvs making it perfect for conversation.

• Visited February 2013