“My Experience Was Not good” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #5 of 26 hotels in Hampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia Beach, United States
“My Experience Was Not good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Double and Triple check your bill BEFORE you leave!!! I was double billed for the restaurant. Paid at the restaurant AND it was added to my room charge. Other than the RUDE manager I spoke to about getting the charge removed from my credit card, the hotel is clean and the rest of the staff are accomodating and polite. I don't know that I'll stay there again, and that is a shame because the other couple I was with had no problems with their stay-most likely because they did NOT eat at the restaurant. Breakfast was okay, but only one person available to refill coffee cups and take grill orders. Food sat on the serving bar, waiting for the server to take it to the table.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with my assistant. I have already addressed the issue with her and I can assure you it will not recur.

I appreciate all your feedback regarding your stay and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us overall. I hope we will have a chance to serve you again in the future so that we can prove our commitment to your satisfaction.

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I've stayed here before, it's modern, comfortable and the staff is supremely friendly. From the front desk to the breakfast area they were all great, in a world where customer service is a lost art they should be proud. I had an issue at check out but the ever delightful Shelby made it right; that's customer service, job well done!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thanks for your kind words. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Tarboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had just started a new job and could only get away for 1 night. Hilton Garden Inn made that night very special. From check in to breakfast to check out. Everything was stellar and top notch. My husband and I will definitely be staying there again and again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thanks for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your getaway. We hope to see you again next time you get a chance to escape the daily grind.
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Staff was warm and friendly the entire weekend. The hotel decorum is beautiful, a loungy feel. The room given initially was not up to our standards, but was immediately replaced by a new one. The bed...aww man the bed. The most comfortable I've ever slept in during a hotel stay. Love the Keurigs in the room now, and since I don't drink coffee I was worried they didn't have tea k- ups, but they did. We didn't have a Wi-Fi issue, 3rd floor facing Lowe's. The indoor pool/hot tub was working fine, and they both were clean and relaxing. The overhead music in their isn't irritating elevator music either. Now on to my favorite part of the stay..that was most surprising: The breakfast. I was thinking continental..maybe waffle maker. Boy was I wrong. There were all things continental, but surprisingly lots of fresh fruit.. cantaloupe and honey dew, grapes, and strawberries, and 6 different juices. But there was food to order as well. Omelette, Eggs any way, French toast, and pancakes. The buffet style was crispy bacon, cheesy scramble eggs, and seasoned red potatoes (that were absolutely delicious). It caught me by pleasant surprise and I was munching on fruit all day. I chose the breakfast included option, but I think it's 9.95 otherwise. Still worth it...It was all very much worth it. Will stay again for sure.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We added the Keurig machines last fall and our guests have been loving them. Likewise, we recently upgraded our wi-fi to provide better speed and connectivity to our guests. It sounds like both worked well for you, which is fantastic.

I hope we will get the pleasure of hosting you on your next getaway!
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel was great. It was beautifully decorated and well maintained. Our rooms were nice, also clean and well maintained. One of the reasons we booked this hotel was because it had a heated indoor pool that our kids (5,3) could swim in. We were definitely disappointed when we realized that the pool was either NOT heated, or heated to such a low temperature that it didn't' really make a difference. The room the pool was in was plenty warm...
My husband had joked that they probably cranked up the heat in room so the water wouldn't feel so cold. He was right...but the water didn't feel any LESS cold.
Other than the temperature of the pool, we found the hotel to be very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry that your family wasn't able to fully enjoy the pool. We normally keep our pool at 85 degrees. Unfortunately, there was a malfunction with the heater over the weekend that caused the unit to lose temperature. We were able to make repairs the following morning, but it sounds like we were too late to meet your needs. I hope you will come visit us again soon so that your family can enjoy a nice, relaxing swim.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Good room, quiet, convenient, and pleasant staff. The usual great overnight at an HGI. The only suggestion, of course, would be to have them get a snow shovel or two. We arrived during the "blizzard" of 2014 when they had several inches of snow. While we could understand that the parking lot could not be plowed, it would seem that a snow shovel could be kept in a back closet for these once in a decade occurrences.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in spite of the unexpected weather. The snow can be pretty to look at, but it also brings some challenges. On the rare occasions that we experience snow in Hampton Roads, we do our very best to ensure that the parking lots and walkways are cleared and safe through a combination of shoveling, sanding, and salting. Likewise, we have a plowing company who usually comes through once the snow has stopped falling.

I hope we will see you again during warmer days.
Seattle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The weather was cold and miserable but each day I walked in the hotel I warmly greeted. My room was always clean and comfortable. The internet worked well everyday which is not common on business travel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Scott K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that you had a good stay with us. We recently upgraded our internet to a fiber-optic connection. It's great to hear that it is working as well as we had hoped!

As far as we're concerned, each one of our guests is royalty. We hope that you will honor us with your presence next time you're in Hampton. Until then, we wish you warm and pleasant travels.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central? Share your experiences!