“Group business trip” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
alleghany, United States
“Group business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Service was efficient, as was the breakfast. The lobby and other amenities were spacious and light filled. Rooms clean, Internet free and quick enough at least. Pool and hot tub appeared quite nice. Good looking weight room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope your meetings were productive. We'll look for you next time you're in Hampton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brighton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

First nasty Hilton Garden Inn. As I require a heating blanket I was disgusted to find that behind the bedside tables and under the headboard was filth left from months of neglect. It has not seem a vacuum in a long time. Ick!
Front desk did not know where the tourist office was located.
Night 4 we rented a movie as the fire alarm went off for a long evening of noise. My husband was so stressed by the noise that he had to sit in the bathroom with the door closed.
In the morning my husband took his suitcase out of the cupboard and along came a cockroach.
Only compensation was the cost of the movie.
We moved on the Garden Inn in Florence. Magnificent and clean, what a wonderful change. Perhaps the manager of the Coliseum location should see how it should all work to please the guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to ensure that every guest has a fantastic stay in Hampton. Clearly this was not the case for you.
I am sorry that the fire alarm disrupted your movie watching experience. I understand that this can be very unsettling. It certainly isn't something we prefer to occur and, when it does, we do our best to resolve the situation as rapidly as we can within the confines of the law.
I have also shared your observations with my management team and they have addressed the issues you noted in your room. Likewise, our exterminator has inspected your room and sees no evidence of insects in the room either, so it appears to be an anomaly.
As I said, you clearly did not enjoy the experience you were hoping for and for that I offer my most heartfelt apology. If we can do anything to provide you with satisfaction please do not hesitate to contact our management team. I assure you that we will do whatever it takes to resolve the situation.
Clinton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hotel Stay was very nice, clean and staff was very friendly and helpful! The Hotel is a Quality Hotel and would recommend the Hotel to others who may stay in the Hampton, Va area. The option of being able to adjust the Mattress setting is definitely a plus, although I did not have to use the feature during my stay the mattress was just fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for your review. It was great to have you here and we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again next time you're in Hampton.
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel in four months and have nothing but good to say about the place. Everyone I've had the pleasure to meet has been friendly and very helpful. I was made to fill special both times. It started from the moment I walked up to the front desk to the cleaning ladies, everyone made you feel at home. I stay in hotels several times a year and this place without a doubt the friendliest place I've ever stayed. Everything thing is located near the hotel so don't have to drive far to eat or buy whatever you want.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to host you again soon.
Thomasville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Arrived at Hilton Garden Inn on Monday at approximately 5pm, check-in was simple & easy. Beautiful lobby and decor. Our party booked two adjoining rooms, 3rd floor was quiet and we never heard a peep the entire two days. Breakfast buffet was offered on site for $8.95 adults. I did not eat the breakfast but family said it was okay. Cracker Barrel was right around the corner, you will be near many types of restaurants. convenient location. There was an indoor pool and hot tub but we did not visit. The business center was accommodating, in room internet connection was perfect. Water gets really hot & the bath tub can be slippery. Safe and secure property, called down to front desk and answered questions expeditiously. King-sized bed was clean & comfy. Pleasant experience & would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. It is always a delight to hear from our guests. I am glad to know that your stay was an enjoyable one and I hope to see you again soon.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Working with Stephanie Poteet was easy. This social had to be organized quickly and she made it easier for me when she said just "tell me what you want for food". All the food items were ready on time and were excellently prepared. What was to be hot, was, throughout the evening. I was surprised at the quality of the food as it is rare that every item is so well prepared. Stephanie stayed throughout the social and made sure things went smoothly. Expect that I will try to make this type of social an annual event at your place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks for making us part of your tournament. We enjoyed hosting your event and look forward to doing it again. Stephanie and her team stand ready to make your next reception a delightful experience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Lobby was under renovation in Nov. 2012, causing for disruptions, but otherwise the property meets all the basic standards of an HGI. Well-kept rooms with plenty of outlets, standard business center and dining room. Good location for access to the coliseum and AFB.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. As you noted, we are indeed working on some upgrades to our lobby and dining areas during the winter months. We hope you will return to experience the new look and feel of our hotel the next time you are in Hampton.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central? Share your experiences!