“Nice, quiet clean hotel. Great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #11 of 26 hotels in Hampton
Elkins
“Nice, quiet clean hotel. Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Spent two nights here with my husband on a weekend getaway. Room and hotel are quiet and clean. The free breakfast is the standard "hot" breakfast with eggs, meat and waffles, but was good. The staff was very courteous.

This place is an EXCELLENT value! Great place to stay if you are in the Hampton area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you very much for you compliments. I will share this with my staff. Thank you once again.

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I travelled to Hampton, VA with my two high school kids to visit CNU in Newport News, VA, travelling from the South. This hotel offered 2 separate bedrooms which were clean, cool and quiet. The hotel is located in a quiet business/residential area off 64, within a mile from a lovely outside Mall, We felt safe. We were able to drive to many restaurants without having to go back on the highway. The breakfast was average, but easy and fast, and the front desk help was helpful with extra blankets. Good value for the extra room.

Room Tip: Despite being located right off the vaulted main entrance area, our room was quiet, although the hal...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. Sorry for any inconvenience. Please contact me at the hotel to discuss further if you would like. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Shady neighborhood, advertise ATM in lobby but have to go a block to seven eleven.

Room had 2 dirty wash clothes hung over shower rod when we checked in and we were switched to a new room with no hassle but was that one clean? It appeared to be but WHO REALLY knows!

• Stayed August 2013
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I stayed here last week as part of our family vacation. The hotel is average, nothing special, but the room was clean and comfortable. Although the same can not be said for the pool area. We purposely book hotels that have indoor pools for my 11-year-old son, but even my son didn't want to swim in the pool. The pool room was unbearable to even be in, it was so sweltering hot. It was just like being in a sauna. I told my son I couldn't even stand to be in the room to watch him swim, but even he didn't want to go in. He looked at the pool and the water looked cloudy and there were a lot of hairs floating around in it too. So if you don't plan on swimming than this hotel was ok. The staff seemed niced enough.

My one other complaint was the breakfast room. It was small and the morning we were there for breakfast a group (that must have booked a large block of rooms) was there too. They all monopolized the breakfast area. Every single seat was taken by people that were all traveling together. Now I understand that they are guests too and entitled to breakfast like the rest of us travelers, but I don't think it fair one group takes over the entire room. In instances like these I think the large group should use another conference room so other hotel guests can also enjoy breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family stayed in two rooms on August 9, 2013. The front desk clerk screwed up and almost registered my dad in the wrong room. She kept telling me, in a very snotty way, that the rooms were prepaid, which they weren't. We finally realized she was looking at the wrong reservation. She never even apologized! Not a good start. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Hotel was quiet and we slept very well. Breakfast was less than desirable. Overcrowded and slim pickens'. The poor attendant was busier than a one armed paper hanger! But she did it all with a smile and a pleasant "good morning"to everyone. Most of the bins for bread/bagels/muffins were empty except for 2 slices of dried up bread. We kept waiting to see if she would refill them, but she was just too busy. Not wanting to add to her overload, we just left.

Kudos to the breakfast room attendant, shame on the front desk clerk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am truly sorry about this front desk experience. They are trained much better than that. I can not see your information, so if you can contact the hotel and ask for me that would be great so I can get some more info on who helped you. I apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and recently stayed at this hotel. About 4:00 a.m. I awoke to an alarm. At first I thought perhaps my husband's clock was going off and he had left it in the living room area. However as I as I got in that area I realized it was coming from the outside hallway, not in our unit. I went back to our room and told my husband that the fire alarm was going off, he got out of bed, and we were about to leave the room when the alarm went off. We waited for a minute to see if it would start again or if we'd get an announcement of some sort. Nothing. So we went back to bed thinking it was a false alarm. The next morning at the free breakfast we we asked by the breakfast server if we'd heard the alarm. She proceeded to tell us that there had indeed been a fire in the kitchen. My concern is why the management chose not to notify the guests that all was well that night. Over all the hotel was clean, and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I am truly sorry about this experience. I can explain this matter further to you if you do not mind calling the hotel and asking for me. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed over there from 15-Jul-2013 to 26-Jul-2013 and it was good experience. I have checked-in around 4:00 PM and Peggy (I think I wrote correct name) did smooth check-in. She offered me room on the first floor which was good. However there are couple of noises coming in night ( might be people are walking). Breakfast is another good item that is offered by the hotel. I have experienced in other hotels that staff does not care much about need the guest. But Staff (especially old lady in breakfast area), she took care of everyone and tried to have possible options for everyone. Like me, being a vegetarian, she offered me yogurt, fruits and other stuff which is good for me. I felt, breakfast table has so many options.

However as usual, everything has downside and similarly, CIS does not have options in Hotel Shop. It was having only washing detergent and couple of soda.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am sorry for your experience. Please call me at the hotel to discuss further. Thank you.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Hampton? Share your experiences!