“Average stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Ohio
“Average stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family stayed in two rooms on August 9, 2013. The front desk clerk screwed up and almost registered my dad in the wrong room. She kept telling me, in a very snotty way, that the rooms were prepaid, which they weren't. We finally realized she was looking at the wrong reservation. She never even apologized! Not a good start. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Hotel was quiet and we slept very well. Breakfast was less than desirable. Overcrowded and slim pickens'. The poor attendant was busier than a one armed paper hanger! But she did it all with a smile and a pleasant "good morning"to everyone. Most of the bins for bread/bagels/muffins were empty except for 2 slices of dried up bread. We kept waiting to see if she would refill them, but she was just too busy. Not wanting to add to her overload, we just left.

Kudos to the breakfast room attendant, shame on the front desk clerk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am truly sorry about this front desk experience. They are trained much better than that. I can not see your information, so if you can contact the hotel and ask for me that would be great so I can get some more info on who helped you. I apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and recently stayed at this hotel. About 4:00 a.m. I awoke to an alarm. At first I thought perhaps my husband's clock was going off and he had left it in the living room area. However as I as I got in that area I realized it was coming from the outside hallway, not in our unit. I went back to our room and told my husband that the fire alarm was going off, he got out of bed, and we were about to leave the room when the alarm went off. We waited for a minute to see if it would start again or if we'd get an announcement of some sort. Nothing. So we went back to bed thinking it was a false alarm. The next morning at the free breakfast we we asked by the breakfast server if we'd heard the alarm. She proceeded to tell us that there had indeed been a fire in the kitchen. My concern is why the management chose not to notify the guests that all was well that night. Over all the hotel was clean, and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I am truly sorry about this experience. I can explain this matter further to you if you do not mind calling the hotel and asking for me. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed over there from 15-Jul-2013 to 26-Jul-2013 and it was good experience. I have checked-in around 4:00 PM and Peggy (I think I wrote correct name) did smooth check-in. She offered me room on the first floor which was good. However there are couple of noises coming in night ( might be people are walking). Breakfast is another good item that is offered by the hotel. I have experienced in other hotels that staff does not care much about need the guest. But Staff (especially old lady in breakfast area), she took care of everyone and tried to have possible options for everyone. Like me, being a vegetarian, she offered me yogurt, fruits and other stuff which is good for me. I felt, breakfast table has so many options.

However as usual, everything has downside and similarly, CIS does not have options in Hotel Shop. It was having only washing detergent and couple of soda.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I am sorry for your experience. Please call me at the hotel to discuss further. Thank you.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My daughter absolutely loves hotels, so it's nothing to get a room on the other side of town just to please her. We booked the room the same day (about 11am) and was told check in will be at 3:00 pm...cool! We had a movie date at 4:00 pm which was minutes away. Sooooo 3pm rolls around and we are told the room is not ready... no rooms are ready for check-in. Using my patience, I said ok. However, others came in after us and checked into their rooms without any hassle or being told "your room is not ready yet." Long review short, the room was not ready until 4 pm. I asked for a supervisor (none available). I asked to speak to someone in charge (none available). Needless to say, my attitude changed from thrilled to disgusted. The excuse was "we had large parties and the hotel sold out last night and tonight". My point was this is a hotel chain, are you not prepared to handle such business...Nevertheless, the stay overall was just ok. We receieved calls about noise coming from our room. And at the time, we just walked into the room from our night out. Just an awful experience! The pool area is small but it was just enough to please my daugther and it was not too busy with guests the time we went. The full breakfast buffett was a great assest and the location is perfect...only minutes from everything. The beds are just ok and the television was outdated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
I am truly sorry for your experience. Please call the hotel and ask for me to discuss further. Thank you and once again I am truly sorry for your experience.
Cape Fear, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Being that I would considered myself a Country Inn Suites Veteran. I am able to make this review without prejudice clear and satisfactory. The rooms are just as nice as any CIS hotel. Zane gets the job done. Any problem ask Zane. I must of lost my room key about 3 times and it was no problem for Zane. The hotel is central to many shopping and restaurant locations. It also is minutes from many historical sites and museums.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this location and it was very nice. Pam at the front desk was nice and accommodating,thanks for your good customer service. The room was nice, although it was close to the elevator it was quiet, a King suite with comfortable rest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Hampton, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your compliments. Next time we will try to get you away from that elevator. Thank you again.
Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have never had a reservation, and arrived to the Hotel, and they give my room away to the guy in front of me when checking in. What an experience when traveling with your family. I had just drove from NY to VA and just couldn't drive anymore. That was the worst ever.

Room Tip: I'm unable to write anything to help in a situation as this.