“Nasty blankets” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 26 hotels in Hampton
Temple Hills, Maryland
“Nasty blankets”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed at the Savannah Suites in Hampton, VA for the jazz festival. The blankets were old and dirty. The rug looked like it had never been cleaned, the mold smell was bad for my sinuses. No ice trays in the freezer. The front desk is not opened 24hrs. I was disappointed because I was recommened by a friend to stay at this place. The management needs to ask a question would I let my family and friends stay here. The answer would be no!!!! This place needs to up grade this hotel soon. The Jazz Festival was 6/28 7/113.

Room Tip: It would real help if a Hotel was honest with guest before taking our money. On how clean the rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I just got back from the hampton concert for the weeknd of 06/28/thru 07/012013 I stay in the Savannah Suites hotel this hotel needs upgrade the the carpet smell like meldow the covers on the bed was dirty they had a second cover on the bad that look like it was something you could use to srub the floor with a mess the sheets was nasty bathroom was dirty the place over all was a mess I want my money back the odor in the hotel was meldow I would have change hotel but all hotel in hamptom was book for the concert this is one of the main concerts people come each year this hotel had time to clean up this nasty place you are making so much money just booking I wll never book their again until they clean that place up I ask to change rooms, the room they gave me was worst then my first room if you are visting hampton Va this summer check the room out before you wast your money this hotel needs to be expected for cleaness this is not a house keeper problems this hotel needs a serious upgrade i had to go to walmart and spend money on covers defected sprays pillow case paper towel you name i spend nothing i brought took the odor out of the room I check out Monday 07/01 i reported the problems to the manager he stated that he had just became the manager I think he know the hotel is a dirty mess someone else was was checking out the same time i was said the same thing about her room when it appear that the up keep on this hotel is terrible this was a dirty mess I have allergies it was so hard for me to make it through the four days I stay in Savannah Suites Hampton I would like to address this to hotel mangement please upgrade that place we are people paying our money to stay in your hotel and this is what we get I am mad as hell about my stay thier I was told by friends Savannah Suites was one of the better hotel in hampton I guess the lied to me

Room Tip: check out rooms before you pay your money
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This has always been one of my favorite places to stay but I was a little nervous after reading current reviews and my last stay I did encounter roaches. I spoke with the girl at the front desk and she assured me that the new management had been addressing the problem. I was in room 425 from Friday till Monday and am happy to say I didn't see a bug of any kind. They do serve as an emergency housing residence so there are some long term but as with any other neighbors, once you go to your room you don't have to deal with them. I have never been disrespected or intimidated by either staff or other residents.

• Stayed April 2013
Powellsville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I and my husband visit the Savannah Suites on 3/9/2013, and I was very disappointed with what we had to encounter. We put our things down in the room after checking in and left. We later came back to the room only to find that the room we were in had roaches. Situation was not handle well at all. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this place. We are filing a complaint against this place, They need to shut it down until they fix the roach problem, among other things. place not sanitary at all

Room Tip: The tip that I would give travelers, would be please before you leave to go out of town look at the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

we booked a thirty day stay at the Hampton Va site and was very discussted with the living conditions. roaches beating you to the toilett and the staff very unprofessional. my fridge broke. the maint. man on site agreed it didnt work properly and i lost all the food. management denied responsibility in a veru unprofessional way. my youngest daughter has an appt today to see if she has bed bug bites. AWFUL HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is not a hotel I would recommend to anyone. The dead bolt on the hotel room door would not work and the staff would not fix it. The side door to the building was open to anyone as the key card access lock was broken. Roaches were crawling all over the hotel room. These issues were brough to the staff's attention and they did not seem to care. After reporting these issues to the manager 4 hours after check in, a refund was requested and denied. We opted to eat the cost of the room and to stay elsewhere where our safety and health was not compromised.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Even the saying it's just one night doesn't work. this place is the slums. The doors don't lock. The windows don't open which is a fire hazard. Also we found roaches in the bedroom and hallways. Read all the other messages bc they have it dead on.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Savannah Suites Hampton? Share your experiences!