“Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Can't miss place in Hampton Roads! Will be back soon! Inventive Tapas and really good pizza! New York style but creative combos. Good local beers on tap. Solid option in HR!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Virginia
“Awesome - Must GO!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

The beer was different and all very good - the pizzas were fresh and unique - the fried pork belly was tender and a cool experience. Excellent small location close to our hotel in walking distance.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, Virginia
“Fine dining, casual prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My personal experience with Venture over 4 or 5 visits has been great ! Service always prompt and friendly, food always excellent and affordable. Pork Belly and Tots are a must from the appetizers ~ tapas ~ tonight I tried the cheese plate, a lovely variety of Port Salut, Goat Cheese and Extra Sharp Cheddar served with various flavor enhancing sidekicks. Cocktails are wonderful, enticing concoctions ~ the atmosphere is casual but the experience is first rate !

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Deer Park
“Different experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was disappointed with the food, all the locals talk this place up about the tapas they were ok, stay away from the salmon and the lamb tapas, the bread is hard and dry.
go directly to the dessert, and skip the main menu.
Prices are reasonable service is good

Visited January 2014
Hampton, Virginia
“Venture is Making Queens Way the Place to Be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I visited Venture tonight and I wish we had done so sooner. We were really missing out! First of all, I love what they've done with the place. The booth seating is great and everything about the kitchen is visually appealing.

Our server was just the right amount of friendly. The have an extensive drink menu to appeal to all tastes. We started with the port wine fondue and we loved it and highly recommend starting with this tasty dish. The tapas portion was the perfect size for us to share without that "too full for my entree" feeling. We each got our own pizza to try and then share. I went with the five cheese pizza and loved the thin crust, tasty sauce, and perfect amount of cheese. My husband ordered the "Meat-za" with smoke sausage (made in-house and delicious), pork meatball, and beef short-rib. It was also excellent. I actually tried each meat separately and I couldn't find anything I didn't love about any of them, though I think I loved the sausage the most. We found some room to share a chocolate creme brûlée for dessert. Of course, it was perfection! The best part? We had two drinks each, a tapas appetizer, two pizzas, and a dessert and it was just under $60! Venture is a delicious casual restaurant and easily the best of all the choices on Queens Way!

• Visited January 2014