“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I visited this bakery today and ate a thrilla vanilla cupcake. It was moist and very good. The icing was not heavy. I would visit again.

Jersey
“Hit or miss...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We were visiting family in Hampton for the weekend and we're tasked with supplying dessert for the Friday evening meal. Of course, I went to TA (as I am not a fan of grocery store cakes) to find a suitable bakery for delicious sweets. We decided to get a baker's dozen of the regular sized cupcakes in a variety of flavors. The service when we walked in was stellar. Friendly and very knowledgeable staff. I liked that you could find a cupcake for every person's taste. However, they weren't all tasty to me. The Bahama mama cupcake was a winner with the entire family. The White Russian left us all flat. It was pretty bland. The pumpkin cupcake was also great. The tuxedo cupcake not so much. Based upon our experience, I would only go back for 2 out of the many cupcakes offered. It was a hit or miss experience for me and my family. You may go and find nothing but winners.

Hampton, Virginia
“Totally awesome product and customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The best ingredients make the best end product love the variety love the staff's knowledge of product and they really know how to make you feel welcome (great customer service lost art in many establishments now) my husband and I are regulars and we are always bringing more people to experience it

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Pretty good cupcakes, overbearing service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Just got back from my third visit to Ethereal Cupcakes. I love cupcakes and am always searching for a new small business to support!
As other reviewers have said, the service is very attentive, but can verge on overbearing. Which is unfortunate, because sometimes you just want to run in, grab a quick bite, and leave. That is not the case at EC. They give you a detailed spiel about each cupcake, when honestly, I think the cupcakes can speak for themselves (not to mention each cupcake has a detailed description in front of it already). I appreciate that they have gluten free and vegan options, and use only organic ingredients, however, I don't think that makes cupcakes "healthy"--perhaps "healthier."
I had the red velvet cupcake which was good, a little dry and icing a little sweet, but I thought it was fairly priced and large. Another thing I love is that they change the flavors everyday, so there's always something new to try.

Smithfield, VA
“Natural, organic and sweetly sensational!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This cupcake shop uses natural, organic and locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. The result is a ridiculously addictive taste sensation. Their strawberry cupcakes have ZERO artifical strawberry flavor, which means they actually TASTE like strawberries! So scrumptious! I have had pretty much every type of cupcake that they offer and I can say that they are all really good.
My personal favorite is the breakfast cupcake with bacon bits and maple frosting. It is literally like eating a pancake slathered in syrup wrapped in bacon! Amazing!

• Visited April 2014