“Great food, no problems” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Hampton, Virginia
“Great food, no problems”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife and I come here almost twice a week and only had a problem once. We are military so we come on the 1st and 15th of every month for 10% off, but one time they didn't give it to us so I asked them if they still had it and they actually gave us a gift card for almost 20% off our bill. Other than that, our food is always perfectly cooked, our chips and salsa are always refilled, and the service is always great. The tables are about the same as any other Chili's - theres always a little bit of gunk in the grout of the table.

Visited March 2012

Hampton, Virginia, United States
“usually good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

usually good. Last experience was not so good. Waiter appeared to be working the entire restaraunt. But the food is usually good.

A TripAdvisor Member
“never going back again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

on saturday,may 13,2006, my brother and sister in law took my mother and myself out to eat for mother's day. we went that evening about 4:30, maybe about 25 people there, lots of empty tables in all sections available. well, it took 2 girls to seat us , after we waited for about 5 minutes. we were put in a section that had a waiter who had only been on the job for 2 days. it seemed everyone was being seated for this young man to wait on ,he was very polite and apologetic for things throughout the meal. first of all...why is there never any silverware clean at this paticular resturant?? he brought our knives out to us and told us there were no clean forks...ok... my sister in law had ordered a salad with bleu cheese dressing , my brother ordered a philly sandwich without the fries and asked if he could have the apples instead. the waiter said yes, that would be fine. he (brother) also asked for some honey mustard to put on his sandwich. when their meal came 1 hour later... my brother had no apples, no honey mustard, my sister in law had the honey mustard spilled all over her salad (not bleu cheese). she said it was okay, because we had waited 1 hour for our food and it was already spilled on it anyway. my meal was steak... wrong steak...but at this point..i was hungry, so i ate it. my meal was to come with garlic bread, and i asked repeatedly for it, as did my brother for his honey mustard. well, when my toast did come it was like melba toast, it was so hard that there is no way i could ever have eaten it, it must have been sitting out a long time it was cold and hard. mybrother did finally get his mustard !! oh !!!! the forks !!!! when the waiter brought them out to us , he apologized for it taking so long for someone to wash some. my brother said to the waiter "that's ok , as long as they are clean, that's all that matters", well... you guessed it.... my fork was sticky and i wiped it on my napkin, and it looked like somebody had just finished eating their own steak with it. nasty!!! i dumped it in some water and wiped the heck out of it , because i knew at this point , our waiter might not come back for 15 or 20 minutes. those people really need to practice some teamwork, i saw none, by anybody. those 2 girls who were at the door when you come in was unessesary, one was just leaning against the door asking "how many? smoking or non? that's all she did, she didn't even seat us. my question is ....why could'nt she go in the back and wash and sterilize some forks being that people were waiting to get some so they could eat their food that they waited an hour to get ? another question..... where was the manager during all this??? i never saw one. what a great way to run a restuarant !!! i know none of my family will ever go back there again , and i have already told everone that i know about our little early mother's day disaster, and i'm sure they won't risk it either. and that isn't the only time this has happened at the same exact place, with the same parties involved. the last time was my 74 year old mther's birthday in november 2005. i guess we learned our lesson this time !!!!