“This place is awful” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Lancaster Pa
“This place is awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The whole place stinks. It took 15 minutes to check us in, no non-smoking king rooms, no towels at the pool, had to ask at the front desk, they only had one for my wife and me. Pool was fairly dirty. It is cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Spend a little more somewhere else, get a lot more somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Waterford, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

Hotel was overbooked, so they did everything they could to cancel my reservation, less than 24 hours before we were to check-in from out of state. The manager Reza was rude and the receptionist who tried to cancel the reservation bragged about the fact they had canceled 15 reservations earlier on that particular day. Upon check-in and entering the room, we had to request a light bulb for the lamp to be able to see. There were popsicle wrappers and sticks in the nightstand drawer from a previous guest, cob webs on the ceiling, a good months worth of dust on top of the television from the 80s (not even LCD or LED,) and clear water damage that took place at some point in the ceiling of the room. Upon check-out the desk clerk didn't even take the time to get out of her chair. I immediately checked my credit card after leaving (didn't trust the place,) and discovered they charged me for an extra night on the day of check-out. The wi-fi was in/out during the stay and not a reliable source. It was the most expensive room I have ever booked, and the most disgusting at the same time. Not a good, clean, safe environment for children.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, January 3, 2015
Thank you Kristen K for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay.

I would like to apologize for the behavior of certain members of our staff and for any inconvenience you encountered. There were a couple of instances over that weekend where several reservations had to be cancelled due to invalid methods of payment whether it be insufficient funds or invalid credit cards or the guest being unable to check in due to the age restriction. All reservations have a cancellation policy that guests have to abide by in order to secure their reservation; once the cancellation policy has passed it is the guest's obligation to ensure the reservation is guaranteed. If our front desk clerk at the time of your check-in mentioned any other reservations it was more than likely to inform you that this was not a singular incident pertaining only to your reservation. As for the information you provided about the cleanliness of the room, our housekeeping staff has recently been coached on the quality of their performance and we hope to see drastic changes. The Wi-Fi may have been experiencing heavy traffic that weekend due to the amount of guests we had registered and the amount of visitors our guests had themselves. I would like to ask about the extra night charge you state was debited to your account to see if this was a hard charge or a pending authorization. If you were charged an additional night it would have shown on your folio that you should have received under your door before your check-out.

Once again, I would like to apologize and I hope that we are able to correct ourselves so we can prevent incidents like this in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

I was trying to make a reservation but everyone was rude starting with Aliza. MR. Reza (manager) never helped me and at the end I was thinking if is this bad over the phone I don't even want to know what is like to stay there. Thanks but no thanks.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
Dear Deborah C,

I want to thank you for leaving your review about your experience. I would like to apologize on behalf of my fellow colleagues and I hope we can correct ourselves. Our guest service agents and our managers will be meeting to discuss proper conduct and how to handle certain situations. We want our staff to be able to properly represent the property, show respect to our guests, and at the same time be able to defend themselves against uncalled for behavior. I appreciate your feedback Deborah C, and I am hoping to see changes around here soon.

Thank you, have a wonderful day.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

This was a very bad experience. Our stay in room 218 was horrible. The hallway was smelly and the room had a strange order. We could not believe how filthy the carpet was. I would not let my feet touch the floor. I had a very difficult time sleeping. In fact I could not sleep. I became extremely congested each time I was in the room with a constant cough. I believe the room had mold. There was no key for the safe, which meant I had to take my valuables with me each time I went out. The air conditioner was extremely loud, and the microwave did not work. My husband lost money at the soda machine trying to get some bottled water for us. We informed the desk but no sign was put on the machine.
It was a horrible experience. I just wanted to come home. The only positive about the entire stay was the two young ladies at the desk.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
Hello Vernice L,

I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your review has been shared with our staff so we can address the areas that you mentioned. We try to accommodate our guests with their needs and we try to offer a nice place for guests to stay when they're away from home. I understand by your review there are some things that we should correct if we want to accomplish this. Thank you again for your review.

Best Regards.
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Making the reservation with Jackie was great! The hotel is mediocre at best. Upon arrival staff were so busy with something in the computer Hey couldn't even acknowledge our presence. The room was ok. The complimentary breakfast was horrible! Buffet style with probably 25 people crammed into a small space. Toaster and microwave didn't work and coffee was out! This was 9:30 am - breakfast was supposed to be available until 10. The seating area was filthy with no one present to assist with cleaning off a table and yet they insist no carry out.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello nc_carol2014,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We try our best to accommodate our guests needs and hope that we do exceed them. Our cafe used for breakfast has space for our guests to eat-in and have breakfast but of course, there will be times when families or other guests would like to spend some extra time chatting after they eat which can cause some crowding before our other guests can sit. We do not allow carry out for the simple reason as it creates waste and accidents can occur where the food is spilled or knocked over in the hallways or even the room so we try to prevent incidents before they happen.

I hope nc_carol2014 that you'll consider staying with us for any of your future accommodations to give us a second chance.

Have a beautiful day!
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had a short stay at this hotel as we arrived late and left early and thank goodness as I couldn't have stayed one more minute in this place! I didn't have any time to have management address issues as we were just getting close to the water and rising early for a fishing trip (we didn't need frills just a decent place to rest heads.

The entire hallway smelled like cat urine! Bad! If that wasn't enough keep reading....

Check-in was slow, room bathroom wasn't cleaned properly, one of 2 bed frames was broken and bed was resting on floor (only used one bed thankfully). AC was noisy and coffee station was destroyed the night before from kids playing with it and drinking coffee at 10 pm. At 6am there was no coffee. I alerted the employee in the lobby to this and he just kind of shrugged his shoulders, no explanantion why no one cleaned it up overnight and no offer to make us a fresh pot...terrible.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear rockfish1967,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the reviews that we can get. Your review will help in our continuing efforts to correct and improve ourselves for our guests. I apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience during your stay with us. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance when you're in town next.

Have a good day!
Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I read the reviews about Clarion bring smelly and noisy, do I booked quality inn. Little did I know that they were in the same hotel, just with signs in each side of the building.
We had a non smoking room, but the hallways all smelled like smoke and musky. All the doors were locked but the main entrance which I think is scary from a safe rely perspective.

The breakfast was ok, they did at least have a couple of hot items, sausages, eggs, waffles.

Stayed May 2014
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you CookieChachaCoco for your review. We always appreciate when our guests share their experience with us.
The Quality Inn & Conference Center and Clarion Inn & Suites are a dual property. Quality Inn has smoking and non-smoking. Clarion Inn is 100% non-smoking. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your visit. We are currently working on a solution to prevent the smell of smoke going to our non-smoking floors from our smoking floor and hope to see improvements in the near future.
The main lobby entrance is used for entry and exit of the building and we do advise guest to use the lobby doors. The hotel does a rear entrance which can be used for exit and entry with a guest room key. All other doors on the property are exit only.
Your review will be used in our continuing efforts to make improvements to our hotel and we greatly appreciate your time and thank you for sharing.

Been to Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum? Share your experiences!