“What a wonderful pub” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Deer Park
“What a wonderful pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The selection of beer is fantastic. Service was wonderful. We were there on a snowy night food was great. Snitzel was perfect the beer was super.

elizabeth city, nc
“Huge portions of good food, Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This place is an English pub-themed bar/restaurant located in the trendy Peninsula Town Center. I have visited several times with friends, after the guys go to an event at the Coliseum and the ladies go shopping. Rent is high in this location. Compared to the other restaurants in this locale, it is a good value.

The fish and chips is delicious and the portions huge. I've also had the jagerschnitzel and several other dishes, all of which were very good. My wife can never finish the large salads. We are always here on a Sunday, and their drink and brunch specials look good.

The atmosphere is open, clean, and typical pub like. Service has always been good. I'd recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, Virginia
“Great fish n chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Happened in on a Tuesday night and Fish n Chips were the special. The food was great and our server Samantha was great. Samantha recommended a perfect pairing of beer for me and wine for my wife. We'll be back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hampton,VA
“Atmosphere Nice - Food Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have dined here many times and the food used to be very good, but the last few times we have been there, the food has gone downhill. The bar is huge and if you like to try different beers, the selection is huge. There are TV's everywhere and it is a very lively and nicely decorated bar/restaurant. It's not a place you would want to go for a nice, quiet dinner. The prices aren't bad, but you can find better food for the price elsewhere. It's a shame because it could be so much better. I do like their Tavern Chips, which are homemade potato chips topped with bacon, scallions, cheese and BBQ sauce. It's usually busy, especially the bar, so it seems to be popular with many people. There is outdoor seating, but not much atmosphere as you are facing roads and other buildings. I wish they would improve the food and the menu could use some better selections as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“Lively restaurant with a unique vibe.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went here spur of the moment on NYE for dinner. It was our first time and we had an overall great experience. My family and I sat at the "Kings Table". What a unique restaurant experience! The atmosphere was fun and lively. I loved the décor; however, the servers' outfits were horrible. I don't know if it was just because it was NYE but some of the men wore kilts and the women bartenders and waitresses had on ugly matching outfits which was a shame because they were pretty girls! The special that the restaurant offered was AMAZING for the occasion. My dad and brother-and-law got it. It was a NYE special for two that consisted of 2 appetizers and 6 alcoholic drinks (anything except top shelf whiskey) for $50.00. My family LOVED the spicy shrimp and calamari as appetizers. It was dusted with breading and fried, so it wasn't heavy on the stomach. I tried the sauces and they were delicious. I am sure they complimented the food very well. For my dinner, I got the orange and cranberry salad (chicken came on it but I got it without). It was HUGE - definitely fresh. I absolutely LOVED the wine sampler they offered. PLT also offered a beer sampler too. The table shared the banana foster cheese cake...OMG it was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Definitely will revisit this restaurant in the future.

• 4 of 5 stars Food