“horrible horrible horrible!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
New York City, New York
“horrible horrible horrible!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I checked in to this hotel on 6/23/2012 for the Hampton jazz festival and it was the absolute worst. I kept driving by the hotel thinking 'this can't be it", but unfortunately it was! There were undesirable people hanging out in the front, which was very alarming. There was also only about two cars parked at hotel, which I found strange being that the Jazz Festival was in town. As I came into the hotel, I was very nervous, as the lobby was dimly lit and the furniture was worn. I spoke to the very gracious front desk person that informed me there was a power outage at the hotel, however I was still welcome to check in. She was very apologetic about the situation and stated she did not blame me if I chose not to stay. She gave me a room key and told me to go see what I thought. Well, needless to say I was back in 5 min requesting a full refund. The hotel complex was very scary, the pool was disgusting, and the rooms did not look well maintained... no comparison to most other area hotels. She again was apologetic and stated she would talk to the manager about the situation and she doubts there would be a problem issuing a refund. Prior to leaving I asked her ' Do people live at the hotel "and she stated that there are people that stay there on a weekly basis. I believe the hotel is running some type of shelter for the homeless, so beware. I called back several times asking for the manager to find out about being issued a credit to only be told each time that the manager was out. I now know I was speaking to the manager (Harry) the whole time. Expedia called the hotel to get a refund issued and was told by the manager that he was unwilling to issue such a credit. My advice is absolutely do not stay at this hotel, unless you don't mind a possible bug bite, staying in a place that houses people in the community, or run the risk of being mugged!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our stay was on June 23, 2012. When we arrived in Hampton there was a widespread power outage along Mercury Blvd. By the time we checked in, the power came on for about 30 minutes and then went out again. At that time, we left the room to attend the jazz festival. When we returned @ 1130 pm, the power was out at our hotel only and stayed out until 4 am. I understand that they cannot control the widespread outage but they could have at least attempted to make arrangements with other hotels for their customers. It was 90+ degrees outside. Imagine what the temp was inside a room where you cannot open a window. REALLY BAD BUSINESS!!! I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN OR REFER THEM TO ANYONE. I suggest you do the same.

P.S. I saw a roach when the lights came on...yuk!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

First time staying at this motel and Saturday was terrible because of the power outage from 5pm to 4am the next morning. The lack of concern from management was also unacceptable. I felt they should have at the very least provided candles for the guest to be able to see. I felt like I was in a third world country. So glad to be back home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We checked in late Friday. The management collected the two night stay at that time. Well. Say two at 5 pm the power go out rooms hot, no way to secure property because we needed the door open for the breeze. We were told we could have a partial refund after sitting in the dark for 4 hours. Bed bugs nibbled at our legs and the guest played music from the cars as entertainment. Never again!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Westerville, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

NEVER AGAIN I want everyone to BEWARE....I have never been so disgusted in all my life. There was black one in. hair every where inside the pillows in the tub and sticky stuff on the night stand. We asked for a different room and the refused they sent house keeping in. Now although house keeping was very sweet it didn't make up for what I was about to encounter. There was 3 different ladies that were working if that's what you call it.....HOOKERS.... And then that wasn't the worse there was drug dealers above us and on every side of us. My husband and I tried to go to sleep at 12 am and was kept up until 4am by all the traffic and loud music and hookers fighting with there pimps. I wouldn't stay here again I would rather have slept in my car. 5-12-12 is when we stayed and by the look of reviews it has been like this for some time wish I would have seen these reviews first.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012 via mobile

Me and my 5yr old daughter were staying at this hotel and the room we were in had bed bugs that tore us up massive roaches and the room we were in was moist to where the moisture was dripping from the ceiling causing mildew and mold and the carpet stayed wet someone needs to go and evaluate that place its no place for any human being. Wheni notified the manager he said I,had my heat up to high when the heat came on for one minute and didnt even feel like hot air was blowing out

• Stayed January 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011 via mobile

stayed here 3 years in a row, since under new mgt. Rooms are not kept clean! In 3 weeks they never cleaned the bathroom or the room. Everyday they give you unbleached towels, a roll of toilet paper & trash bags, that's it! No cleaning ever! There are tiny black bugs in bathroom & huge roaches, gross. The hotels has gone to the bugs! We'll never come back. The front desk doesn't care their obviously aware of these problems.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Hampton Bay Plaza and Suites? Share your experiences!