“Night from hell” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 West Mercury Blvd., Hampton, VA 23666   |
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
“Night from hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We checked in late Friday. The management collected the two night stay at that time. Well. Say two at 5 pm the power go out rooms hot, no way to secure property because we needed the door open for the breeze. We were told we could have a partial refund after sitting in the dark for 4 hours. Bed bugs nibbled at our legs and the guest played music from the cars as entertainment. Never again!!!

• Stayed June 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Westerville, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

NEVER AGAIN I want everyone to BEWARE....I have never been so disgusted in all my life. There was black one in. hair every where inside the pillows in the tub and sticky stuff on the night stand. We asked for a different room and the refused they sent house keeping in. Now although house keeping was very sweet it didn't make up for what I was about to encounter. There was 3 different ladies that were working if that's what you call it.....HOOKERS.... And then that wasn't the worse there was drug dealers above us and on every side of us. My husband and I tried to go to sleep at 12 am and was kept up until 4am by all the traffic and loud music and hookers fighting with there pimps. I wouldn't stay here again I would rather have slept in my car. 5-12-12 is when we stayed and by the look of reviews it has been like this for some time wish I would have seen these reviews first.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012 via mobile

Me and my 5yr old daughter were staying at this hotel and the room we were in had bed bugs that tore us up massive roaches and the room we were in was moist to where the moisture was dripping from the ceiling causing mildew and mold and the carpet stayed wet someone needs to go and evaluate that place its no place for any human being. Wheni notified the manager he said I,had my heat up to high when the heat came on for one minute and didnt even feel like hot air was blowing out

• Stayed January 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011 via mobile

stayed here 3 years in a row, since under new mgt. Rooms are not kept clean! In 3 weeks they never cleaned the bathroom or the room. Everyday they give you unbleached towels, a roll of toilet paper & trash bags, that's it! No cleaning ever! There are tiny black bugs in bathroom & huge roaches, gross. The hotels has gone to the bugs! We'll never come back. The front desk doesn't care their obviously aware of these problems.

• Stayed August 2011
Aberdeen, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Remember the saying, "You get what you pay for!" My wife and I had to stay in Hampton a few days so we could move our daughter into her dorm. We were working with limited funds, so we decided to stay at the Hampton Bay Plaza & Suite. I'm not sure why they call it a "Plaza," when it is a motel. There were very few guest, many of the people we met lived at the motel. The room did not have a clock or a coffee maker, nor did the Iron work. The condition of the sheets and towels were poor. The pillows were flat and the carpet was poorly patched from old damage. The "suite" is two connecting motel rooms. One side is arranged like a normal motel room, the other side has the sofa, small table and TV.

The front lobby is only open from 7am - 10pm (give or take). I needed to talk to someone the day of check out. I went to the front desk 3 times between 7:30 am and 9:30 am before I got someone to come from the back. It was clear that I woke him up. Don't even think about breakfast. None is offered. This was the worst motel stay ever!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010 via mobile

I usually READ reviews and find them very helpful but I've never left a review but I felt the need to give my opinion as this was THEE most negative experience ever! As soon as I walked in, my 8year old daughter said "eww! It smells like smoke!" There was a stale and intense scent of old cigarettes. There were what appeared to be BLOOD stains on the carpet, strands of hair ALL over the place! The bed sheets AND washcloths all had brownish stains indicating how worn everything was! Springs were sticking up from both beds, the carpets and chairs were horribly soiled! We paid for 2nights but left the hotel at 8 the next morning after I had only about 2hours of sleep. Kids n adults right outside the door talking loudly mixed with the loud radio n TV from the room next door made it next to impossible to even TRY to sleep in this room. Oh and the sink was stopped up n hand prints on the bthrm door. We didn't wash our faces...just ran out the door in the morning.lastly, they will NOT give u a refund regardless of anything! We chose to let them keep the money n we ran away! This was a last minute decision and everything else was booked but next time, I'd rather have slept in our car!

• Stayed September 2010
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I read the reviews but had no choice-had to stay here --everything else was booked-now I know why this hotel had vacancies.
I will never stay there again. The bedding was dingy and also looked dirty. Although the location to the event I attended was good, the room was terrible.
I also learned that management doubled the prices for the weekend I was there.

When I left the room at 12:00-the bathroom was fine-however, but upon my return the commode was leaking.
When I called the office, at 9:00 Sunday night-the clerk suggested that I personally walk to the office to pick up a plunger and take care of the
problem. I said absolutely not and they sent a nice staff member who took care of the problem. I found the maintenace staff to be very nice but management needs lesson in how to treat others before they lose their business.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Bay Plaza and Suites? Share your experiences!