“george your awesome!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Lancaster, Ohio
“george your awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had an awesome stay! the room was very clean! the cleaning staff was awesome to if i needed anything they gave it to me....i want to send a big thank you to george it was the most upbeat an out going person there! i will miss ya george!

Room Tip: great place to stay!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank You Lori!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I check in with my family about 3 or 4 months ago. During this time my best friend started to work here I will withheld her name due to she past away when she worked here. During that time the front desk staff takeyah, butteflies. George. and especially Ms. Diane& Rodney were the pillar of greatness. When my best friend past away they were there for the family. Then my son was murdered in the city of Hampton this situation was so pressing on my family again. Rodney. George and Ms. Diane and butterflies were once again a pillar of loving greatness they had compassion for me going thru the sudden death of my son. My son did not have the funds so our family got together and he was laid to rest on May 28,2014. My heart is still saddened by the loss of my youngest son due to gun violence. Now lets get down to the nitty gritty Ms. Marty she has no compassion towards her guest I could no longer take staying here so my husband decided he would move us out. During our stay dealing with Ms. Marty even though she said she have been patient with us. A person can tell when a person does not care nothing about you. She would call the room and say when are you gonna make a payment in this voice with no compassion. I could tell that she do not care about a person trying situation just to get the motel money. I had put my card on record and when I went to use it one day the motel had debit my card for 199.00 that was the majority of the money on the card due to it being my social security on a fixed income. Yes Ms. Marty call herself trying to resolve this however they did not have permission to debit my card for nothing. Ms. Marty said the motel automatically debit when there is a bill due. I explained to Ms. Marty that this card is not for you guys to debit and she in return with no compassion stated she would take care of it. About time they took care of it my bill was incurring more money. Well in the end they put a block on my card for 350.00 which kept the block on so they could get all my Social Security monies. Ms. Marty made sure that I did not get any money back and I really fault her that. Ms. Marty was very rude and have no compassion for people she was irate and told my husband that he needs to stop what he is doing and go to the bank now. She compared us with other guest who have left without paying their bill. We asked her to stop comparing us to other guest who have done that because we are not them. She kept on saying stuff to us that should not come out of someone mouth that is in her position. Being GM you should have compassion and loyality toward your guest. I was so upset from the death of my son that I could not get no clarity and having to deal with Ms. Marty who instilled fear in me not to even want to talk to her. I cannot believe that Suburban extended Stay has her in the front dealing with the public. Ms. Marty is uncaring and full of hatred for people. One day I over heard a guest screaming and hollering how Ms. Marty was discussing their personal business with someone. I am so appauld at Ms. Marty and I know writing this review want do nothing because I know that they will probably keep her so she can keep on talking to the guest any way she wants too. I will go to the most disgusting motel in Hampton before I come back to Suburban Extended Stay of Hampton. VA. I really love Ms. Diane she was my strength thru the death of both of my love ones I know one thing if and when you stay here Ms. Diane will take care of you. George you were such a bit help to me you looked beyond the money money and look at our situation at hand. Tkeyah and Butterflies I thank you two beloveds for being sooo caring to me. Rodney you should get an award for being a person that has a heart of gold. You spoke with my husband and I with love and compassion. We could not wait for you days to work because we knew that you were going to say some words to encourage us thru our loss. As for the people that own the Suburban Extended Stay chain I pray you find a GM who has compassion for your guest I am still hurting form the murder of my son and the last thing me and my family needed was someone to come and talk to us like we are the scum of the earth. I am so sadden by this and I hope that you wil rectify this situation about this. Ms. Marty works at the front desk and I feel sorry for any guest who come here to stay a length of time how they will be treated by Ms. Marty. I won't be staying here any more and if I have to I pray that Ms. Marty has no dealings with me or my family. I did not tell all the things that happen however I felt this is enough to make my heart be upset for a couple of years.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
On behalf of our hotel staff, I would like to thank you for your kind words. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts. We all wish you the best during your trying times.

Marti R.

A leader is only as strong as her team and team is only as strong as it's leader.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

On May 10th, I reserved one room for my family attending our daughter’s graduation at this hotel. In fact, I had three reserved three rooms (two from a different hotel). I put my mother in this location because it was a much superior hotel of the two reserved. The place is well kept. It had a mini-kitchen with min-frig.

However, there was no free continental breakfast available. This was a slight disappointment. It’s isn’t the Marriot or Sheraton. If you have modest expectation, you will enjoy this visit. There aren’t many perks. If you want to stay in a clean, great location hotel for ‘cheap,’ this hotel would be a good choice.

Room Tip: Parking is awkward with one-way entrance to the location.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
On behalf of our staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guest at all times. But it is only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and service we provide. We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Marti R.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This review is so pathetic, I debated on writing it. Having decided to do so, I will maintain my verbal composure as best I can.

After having made my reservation at Suburban, well en route, my mother called me to inform me I was denied accommodations. She proceeded to advise me of the reason. It was due to a poor review of the hotel. Hasenpfeffer!!! I have yet to write a review of Suburban Extended Stay of Hampton. Unfortunately, after two stays, this will be my first review.

Everyone was so delightful and helpful. George, and the beautiful young woman who always had her hair done so well. I complemented her on the "butterflies". Pardon me for not remembering your name. My first visit was through the Polar Vortex. On my second visit, the same held true of a lovely welcome by staff. One difference was that this visit I met Michele Massey, Director of Sales at the reception desk.

I had made some inquiries with regard to an extended period stay. Her demeanor in presentation of information was unprofessional. She was rude and abrupt in tone. I thought to myself, "perhaps she is having a bad day." I began to think, "I do not want to stay here for any period of time if it meant contending with Michele." She is ostentatious!

Choice Hotels, and the owner of this hotel should take a closer look at the staff representing them. In closing, I decided to eliminate this hotel while summering over from my winters in Jamaica. Your loss!

Room Tip: Avoid the Director of Sales, Ms. Michele Massey.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Ms. Sy I am extremely pleased to hear that my front desk team was "delightful and helpful" . I do agree with you that " Drama and Business are not a profitable combination" For that very reason we decided to cancel your reservation. Unfortunately there comes a time when it is in both the guest and hotel's best interest to part ways. After having stayed with us on 2 different occasions and entering 2 different reviews expressing your dissatisfaction with our hotel stemming from our policy on removing furniture to accommodate your personal furnishings, we feel that time has come. Hampton offers many wonderful hotels, we wish you the best of luck finding one where you can feel at home.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I would like to thank George for the customer service at the suburban extended stay George was great and was ready to help with anything that was need during my stay!!!!

I can not wait to stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sure George will be happy to hear that he was able to assist in making your stay here a good one.
Newport News, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just needed an overnight stay so didn't really want to pay to stay somewhere expensive...was given an early check in, the front desk representative (I believe her name was Takiyah) was great, made check in quick and easy. Room had a queen sized bed, partial stove top, microwave, refrigerator and freezer. Room was clean and comfortable, the shower was great. Only downfall is if you have a small child you don't have the option to give them a tub bath because it was a stand up shower only. They are in the process of upgrading the tv's in the rooms so some have older models while some have newer flat screens. Not all cable channels are accessible but I guess that would only become an issue if you were staying for an extended amount of time. Only issue was the fire alarm blaring in the morning. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013
Marti R, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Taa721,

Thank you for taking to time out of your day to write a review. We appreciate all feed back.

We are working on replacing all of our TV's and should have that task complete soon. In the spring we will have new furniture pieces in the room as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Marti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and will recommend it to anybody. They have made my stay extremely comfortable and all staff has been accommodating. George has been there every time i have stayed there. He's super in his delivery with all guests. A great listener and very imformative. LaShonda has also went out of her way to be helpful always smiling and I'm very grateful to her for the computer assistance with the free wifi. The manager, Marti has always been available and helpful. She has a warm welcoming demeanor. I feel as a friend when speaking with her. Suburban has always been clean and orderly. The team that keeps the hotel together have always been really sweet. Maintenance was quick to show up when i put in request for my stove burner to be replaced. i didn't wait even ten minutes before he showed up. Great stay......Thank you......Susan M.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Susan,

Thank you for all your kind words, the team is always happy to hear when they are doing well.
Giving the very nature of the business , the hours are long and demanding. that is why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staffs efforts and take the time to say so.

Marti

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton? Share your experiences!