“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Waldorf, Maryland
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

In my opinion, what gives a hotel higher stars is not only about the presentation of the hotel, or how quickly and delighted the frond desk attendant can check you inn/ out. It is also about how effective the staff can be with handling situations. When a small situation accrued, the front desk and management staff made it a high priority on there list. Professionally and effectively, they handled the situation. In my opinion, that kind of team work and guess service, would give them another star.

• Stayed October 2013
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to serving you with your future lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

While in town for Hampton University's Homecoming I stayed at the Red Roof Inn.

Prior to my arrival, I was a bit nervous. I was unsure of what I would be walking into as the reviews were very mixed.

While I was on my 8hr drive to Hampton I called the inn to see if I could check-in early and the staffer who answered was willing to accommodate our early arrival.

Our room was clean and I was impressed with the style and appearance of the room. Totally not disappointing, I looked like the picture :)

The Inn is in the perfect location very close to all the shopping and other major hotels.

The staff was helpful and I would be willing to stay here Again.

• Stayed October 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Coliseum & Conv. Ctr. Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. We look forward to seeing you back here at the Hampton Coliseum Red Roof Inn in the near future!
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel as I was in town for business. The affordability was very good as well as the location to the restaurants located in the Town Center less than 1 mile away. The staff were extremely friendly even to the point of greeting me as I walked from my room the next morning. If I am in town again, I will definitely make it a point to stay at this hotel as well as suggest it to friends that may be in the area looking for a cost efficient place to stay. KUDOS Red Roof!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to handling you lodging needs in the future. Thank you again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family and I were in town for one night, I thought I would save a few bucks and stay at Red Roof Inn. I have to say I have never stayed at any of there properties before, and hopefully I will never have to. This place is a dump we cancelled our after reservations about two minutes after we pulled into the parking lot. My husband started to laugh then said "there is no way in [---] we're staying here". The staff was great but was it, those photos should be updated or removed. The rooms looked a lot older, I know they cant control who is staying there but there where more than a few questionable characters in the lobby. There were people all over the place just hanging around playing music and doing "other things" I dare not mention. I must say it is great location we stayed at Embassy Suites right down the road it was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Please read the reviews and believe them I wish I had. If you do stay take your Lysol, socks, lock the doors and dont forget the pepper spray!! Good luck...

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your experience was not up to your expectation. I can however assure you we take customer satisfaction as our number one priority and put measures in place to avoid any occurrences. We have hotel security on site overnight, and we have not had any issues to date. I hope knowing this you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Let me start by saying the pictures online look great! But that is so far from reality. The outside of the motel didn't look quite as neat but we checked in and went to the room. All we had to do was open the door and step inside! The room was filthy, floors dirty,frig and microwave dirty, I then walked into the bathroom and found soap remnants from previous guest! There was hair in the floor as well. We quickly left the room and went to the front desk and told the clerk that I was canceling and why. She was very understanding and apologized. This is not a place I would ever go back to or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience during your stay; we strive to have each guest extremely satisfied during their stay with us and I'm very sorry that this is not what you experienced! I would love to discuss this matter further as our guest satisfaction is our number 1 concern. I am hoping that you will call us home anytime your travels bring you back to the Hampton area. Please contact me at the information provided below so that we can discuss this matter further and I can ensure your 100% comfort and satisfaction. Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your stay and I hope to hear from you soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the worst hotel in Hampton I've ever stayed at. I needed a hotel for a week or two and hoped The Red roof would be the place to stay. The customer service here is pretty good and the girl at the front desk was very helpful but the cleanliness of this place is a horrible. The first room I was in smelt like dirty dog. So I asked for another room. The lady said ok and told the cleaning lady to check if the room she got me was clean before I went in. Well when I opened the door I could tell the lady sprayed the whole room with air freshener and called it good. The place looked beat up and gross. The tub had chipped paint through out the tub and you can tell it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The walls were dirty and the ceilings had dried like soda drippings through out the room. But worst of all about 10minutes of just being in the room my husband noticed his leg feeling itchy. So when he looked down he saw 4 fleas attached to his leg! We grabbed our stuff and got our money back and went next door to the clarion.

• Stayed September 2013
Ebony M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay with us not being up to your satisfaction. We strive to have each guest extremely satisfied during their stay with us. I'm very sorry that this is not what you experienced! I hope that we can discuss this matter further as any guests’ issue takes priority with my entire team in the hopes that we can rectify the situation immediately to ensure your 100% satisfaction. Please contact me at the information provided below so that we can discuss this matter further because your 100% comfort and satisfaction is our number one priority. Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your stay and I hope to hear from you soon!
Rockville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Hit: excellent location, close to restaurants, shopping, freeway. Recently renovated, sept 2012.

Miss: inconsistent housekeeping, one day bed was made but clean towels was not provided!, one day received no service!

Some room have small fridge and microwave and some does not so make sure to specify when booking. Some website booking did not have these options for you to choose.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at our hotel. We strive to offer continuous excellent customer service. We will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our staff and hope to see you back again for your future lodging needs.

Been to Red Roof Inn Hampton? Share your experiences!