“Sarah H. - Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Sarah H. - Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My sister and I came to Hampton, Va. for me to have proton radiation at the Hampton University Proton Institute. When I searched for a place to stay, we wanted handicap accessible, efficiency full kitchen rooms and a pet friendly place to stay for my 3-weeks of treatment. We arrived from South Carolina to be greeted by staff who were most helpful and always accommodating. If you want a "home away from home," this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the lake on the south side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CWSHPT, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Sarah H, thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you and your sister staying with us while here in Hampton, and we are thrilled to have provided you with such comfortable accommodations. I will pass your kind words on to the staff, and once again, thank you so much for your 5 star review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My only regret is taking this long to review an excellent facility that had all the comforts of home and a staff that made you feel welcome at every turn.

I stayed for 12 days in December, and it was the end of a two month road trip. Every aspect of the stay was perfect. The beds were fantastic, bathrooms roomy, flat screen television swiveled towards all areas of room. The bath towels were new, fluffy, and very comfortable on your skin.

The kitchen was well equipped with dishes, cutlery, and all the utensils you actually needed to cook a meal. The full size refrigerator was also a huge plus for me.

There was an incredible amount of work space so I could easily do all of my daily paperwork while eating dinner and having my computer open all at the same time.

Unfortunately, I got a horrible respiratory infection while I was staying there, and the in room recliner was the only thing that really saved me and allowed me to spend Christmas day bundled up and reclined in a position where I could easily breath and recover.

There is free washers & dryers, a small commissary for odds and ends if needed, and the ENTIRE facility was immaculate from top to bottom.

The best part about this particular facility is the incredible staff. The GM Dana was so gracious and professional, the OM Adam ran that facility with kindness and precision, and the front desk staff like Kaylee always greeted you by name with a smile on her face.

Each day as Christmas approached Kaylee wore a different outfit themed for the holidays and her natural cheer made up for the fact I was away from friends and family (see picture).

I can tell you one thing for sure after this trip. This is the only place I would stay in the Hampton, VA region, and it has converted me to a Candlewood Suites customer from "that other brand" who can not compete in the same league of extended stay lodging.

Room Tip: There actually is no on site restaurant, only a well stocked commissary. I used the 5 stars on rest...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CWSHPT, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
William S, first and foremost, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a descriptive review. We are thrilled we have earned your business in the Hampton Roads area, and can't wait to have you back soon. We try to aim for all the comforts of home, and create a "family feel" experience with our guests. I will pass your compliments on to the staff, and thanks again for such a wonderful review.
Baden, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Although this charming place is hidden away along a tree-lined road, it is just what you need after a long day or night's up and down in this busy part of the east coast.

The people are welcoming, friendly, helpful and warm. Better than even a jaded road warrior could hope for. There is no restaurant, but the "Candlewood Cupboard" has everything you might want available on the honor system all day long. The rooms are large and fitted out with a full kitchen with all needed appliances for coffee, range top, full size refrigerator, microwave, utensils, pots, pans, etc. Prices in the C Cupboard are reasonable and you can get whatever you might desire. Restaurants are nearby, though you will need your own transportation. If not, the staff will cheerfully drop you off somewhere reasonably close by.

Love the place!!! So would anybody.

Room Tip: If you ask, they will place you close to the elevator, or adjacent to a vacant room so that you will...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CWSHPT, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Mike M, thank you so much for taking the time to share your pleasurable experience with us! We appreciate your feedback, and we are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you found the Suite to be properly equipped to make your stay more comfortable. We hope to see you again, if you find yourself out this way, and thanks again for your review.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have been a resident of Candlewood for a little over 3 months now. I decided to choose an extended stay play because I am still deciding wheter or not to make Hampton my perment home. The atmosphere, staff, and service is excellent. The room is great and very spacious. It has been a great experience staying here! The hotel has a mini store located downstairs where food and beverage can be purchased, as well as a workout area and a laundry facility that is open 24hrs. The guests can also rent movies downstairs in the lobby at their leisure. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether short of long term stay. You won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CWSHPT, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear DanielMartinGreen, thanks so much for your review. We are so happy you are enjoying your extended stay with us. Our favorite part of running a extended stay hotel, is having the chance to really make it feel like home, whether you are here for 4 nights, 3 weeks, or 3 months. We appreciate you allowing us to be your temporary home, while you decide on your next move. Thanks again for your review, and have a great day!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We loved everything about this place; off the highway so it was a quiet sleep, clean rooms, friendly staff, very pet friendly in an area you could walk your dog off the premises too, nice kitchen in the room to fix your own food, ample size room.

Room Tip: We had a room on the back side with a view of the pond. We loved watching the birds in the morning...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CWSHPT, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Judi H, Thank you for taking time to give feedback of your stay, and I am so happy you enjoyed your experience here at Candlewood Suites! We do everything possible to make sure our guests, and their pets, are well taken care of. I am glad you enjoyed your lake side view, and we do hope to see you and your dog back again soon! Thanks again for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The staff were all extremely courteous and helpful. Gave good local directions. Room was perfect for business travel, comfortable chair for large countertop work area, lots of plugs at counter top, not underneath where you have to crawl to get to them. The kitchen was nice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CWSHPT, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
MikePsy, thank you for your positive feedback of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed our suites. Time and thought went it to our renovations and I am glad they worked well for you. I will pass your compliments to the staff, they work hard to make sure every guest is satisfied with their experience here at Candlewood Suites. We hope to see you again soon, and thanks again for your time.
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had originally booked with another hotel but decided to stay at Candlewood instead. The staff were friendly and the rooms were very clean and spacious and being centrally located in the Hampton area next to pretty much every restauruant and bar, movie theater and Langley AFB did help as well.

• Stayed October 2013
CWSHPT, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear CariCarl, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad to see you were impressed with the cleanliness of our suites and enjoyed the location to all the attractions here in Hampton. I hope we can accommodate you again when you return to the Hampton Roads area, and thanks again for your feedback.

Been to Candlewood Suites - Hampton? Share your experiences!