“Great Place to Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Stephens City, VA
“Great Place to Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I travel all over the state for my job and this hotel was great. Had all the things I look for when I have to stay away from home, comfortable atmosphere, a nice little workout room, polite and friendly staff! So glad to have found a place I feel safe and comfortable when having to stay away from home!!! Since it's an extended stay hotel, there is a full size fridge and dishes/etc for your convenience. Will be back monthly until the end of 2012!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grass Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay in this facility a few times over the past couple years and found their service, quality and facility consistently very good. The staff is always quick to respond to your needs and requests, often going above and beyond what is needed. I particularly appreciate the laundry facilities which makes the visit more comfortable. That housekeeping is provided once a week is not a problem for me. The hotel will provide you with clean towels upon request and frankly, I am capable of making my own bed. This facility does not provide the dining room experience which would make the place excellent. Business travelers, guests visiting the area and families with members at Sentera Hospital (2 miles distance) will find this facility an excellent value. I would stay here again should the need arise.

Room Tip: Be aware of the exercise/laundry/pantry room, especially if you are light sleeper or in need of quie...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel if ou plan on going to Hampton. Housekeeping is only once a week but I do not like to get housekeeping everyday. The hotel is in a quiet area of Hampton with walking trails, but convenient to the convention center. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Nice cook-out area behind the hotel. The only issue I have with this hotel is that I think it is overpriced.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mt. Victory
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were planning to stay for 3 days at Hampton so we had found Candlewood Suites on tripadvisor. Our plans changed so we cancelled 2 of those days to go on to Williamsburg and found another location to stay. After we arrived at Candlewood Suites we wish we would have stayed there the whole time. It was the best hotel we have been in a long time. It was like home away from home. The staff was very courteous and friendly. We would stay there again and look for another Candlewood Suite wherever we go.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Yuba City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed at Candlewood for 8 nights. Very pleasing visit. The Cupboard prices are a bit excessive, but what you would expect for a hotel. Laundry site was free to use, very clean laundry room. Bring or buy a small amount of laundry detergent. $1.50 for soap per load. I was with 2 children (3 and 7) The room was just the right size for the three of us. 2 stovetop burners fit our needs for supper and lunch. The hotel was tucked away from the noise and hustle of Hampton Roads. It fit nicely surrounded by trees. Made for a very quiet stay. Hotel is just 3 min from the interstate. Staff was very helpful and mindful of all our needs. The were all polite, including the cleaning staff! A very pleasant visit. I expect that this is where I will choose to stay again when I visit Hampton Roads again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hampton, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Me an my husband stayed for an extended period of time and was constantly dealing with the smell... We bought carpet fresh and all kinds of air fresher to be comfortable. The smell was extremely strong. There was no ventilation in the bathroom which made showiering very uncomfortable. The bathroom smelled ten times worst than the rest of the room. It was as if dogs stay in the bathroom without being walked. It was very VERY bad. We will never EVER recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Nola M,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the unusual odor of the room had caused you. I appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. Rest assured, I will follow up with our maintenance department to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wexford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed at the Candlewood for three nights in August 2011. I had a series of work meetings in the area, while the rest of the family got a trip to the beach.

The service was great, our rooms were huge and well appointed, and the location can't be beat. It may be a bit hard to find, but this actually works in its favor. It is only a few minutes drive to anywhere, but is secluded and quiet. Great work; we'll be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites - Hampton? Share your experiences!