“First timers...Loooved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sans Souci Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Sans Souci Motel
Save Saved
You added Sans Souci Motel to your Saves list
312 Resort Boulevard, Buckroe Beach, Hampton, VA 23664-1252   |
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Hampton
Charleston, West Virginia
“First timers...Loooved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed at Sans Souci with my daughter and two grandkids. It was our first time to Sans Souci and our first time to Buckroe Beach. We loooved it! It brought back memories of when i was a kid traveling with my parents and staying in "Motels" It was original and clean and the lady at the front desk was awesome! We ate at "Jacks" like she suggested and it was really good, a place where the locals eat. It was pretty much off season and we had the beautiful, clean beach to our selves. I loved the little town and would consider moving there...I loved it that much!

Room Tip: They have two rooms that look right to the beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
charlottesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

we have stayed at the Sans Souci from the late 60s till yesterday (June 28,2012) and it is not perfect but is home! The motel was built in 1965 and the baths are still the same yellow and black tile but clean and in good repair, the bedspreads are old and furniture old but all in good shape, new flat screen TV and good cable, very affordable (120) i think--just a small family run motel thats in a great location( right on the beach) clean pool, helpfull staff couldnt ask for more at Buckroe-dont get me wrong its no 5 star, but it was never meant to be its a family motel--I wish the amusement park was still there 1st rollercoster i ever rode, hanging on to my dad--great times then and now-----go see for yourself

Room Tip: room 100 looks out at bay, on ground floor, easy acsess for disabled
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Canton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We aren't high maintenence people. If you are, don't even bother with this place. It is right on the ocean and has a great view. The people are friendly. But . . . . it could have been cleaner. The sticky mouse trap under the bed kinda grossed me out. The shower definitely could have been cleaner. This place hasn't been re-done since the 1950s. That either adds to the charm or the delapidated feel. Honestly, could have enjoyed the old paneling, the yellow and black tile in the shower except for the smokers next door. We had a four people that smoked non-stop outside our door. It was hard to keep the smoke out of our room. They also talked until 3 in the morning. The second day was much quieter. The boardwalk area was charming and the beach was clean.

Room Tip: It is $10 more for the end room on the ocean. However, this is an L shaped motel and the one row si...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

When I visit down here at the Sans Souci Motel i had an amazing time down there. When we went down there I the lady at the front desk. I asked her where is any good places to eat at and she said Jacks. She gave me directions and everything to the place it was amazing. Also the view toward the beach is amazing to look at in the morning with some coffee down in the office. One night we order Pizza from Rico's Pizza and they deliver right to the door. I will be going down there a lot more during the summer.

Room Tip: Higher floors greater view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I surprised my mother and grandmother with a stay here while visiting the area knowing how much they like being near the beach and the "quaintness" of a beachy feel motel. I am a hotel snob so this was really stretching it for me. It just about did me in. We checked out the rooms ahead of time and we were told the musty smell would go away once the AC units had ran for a while. The accomodations are VERY minimal. The bathroom is very small and only has a shower. The sink in the room I was in really needed to be replaced, as the enamel was chipping off of it and it looked awful. I know they are trying to keep the old beachy feel to the hotel, but I feel like they need to update the rooms. The beachy feel could be maintained without having a sink that is in disrepair. All those things being said, the positives were definitely the location. Just a few steps across the access road and you are on the beach. The pier is a short walk. The pool was large and well-maintained and my kids had a fabulous time swimming in it. There are picnic tables outside the rooms and these came in very handy when relatives stopped by for a visit one of the nights. The father and daughter owners were friendly and conversational. They were very accomodating to us during our stay. Although this hotel is not what I would typically choose, it was the perfect location for visiting with local relatives, many stories were shared, new memories were made and my kids absolutely loved it. So as long as you can handle an older motel, you are bound to make great beach memories with your family while staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Manassas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

This motel is right on the beach. It's amazing for the price! Outdoor grills make it easy to cut costs on meals. The pool is kept clean and is big enough for little ones and more experienced swimmers to have fun. The office has some items for sale that we forgot (sunscreen for one!) at a great price. The only drawback I saw was that there is no WiFi. Unfortunately, it was a working trip for me, and I had to go a few miles down the road back into town to get a connection while the rest of my family was at the beach. It they add WiFi I'd say this place would be perfect in every way!

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view rooms - it's worth it!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Our friends in the area recommended this motel to us. It is right off Buckroe Beach, there's a little access road in front of the motel, but that it between the motel and the beach- the scenery is amazing! The sand is clean and smooth. There were lifeguards on duty during daylight hours. There's a nice fishing pier. It's $1 to walk out or $8 to fish off of it for the day.
Buckroe Beach used to be an amusement park, and in the motel office they have photos of what it used to look like. The motel is original to that era. Cinder block walls, older furniture; there was a mini fridge, microwave, and tv in the room, a nice size writing desk, dresser, two queen beds, two sitting chairs and a small table between them. Outside, each room had two lawn chairs and a table. The bathroom did not have amenities, but it was extremely clean, the towels were freshly laundered, and the water pressure in the shower was great for tired muscles. The beds were comfy, and pillows firm. The only down side was the windows had venetian blinds, so it let a lot of light in during the night. There was an extra blanket in the room, so we covered the window, and that helped.
We paid $113 for a weekday stay. It's higher than what the chain hotels are in the area, but the chain hotels are not on the beach either. There was a $5 room-key deposit, which you could get back in the morning, or donate that to the housekeeping staff.

There's a 7-11 two blocks away, and it's just off the last exit before the tunnel on I-64south .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sans Souci Motel? Share your experiences!