“Consistently very good!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Consistently very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I eat at Gah Bua Kham almost weekly (both takeout and in) and it is always excellent. I also take work related visitors and it is always well liked by all.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jacksonville, Florida
“tasty and reasonably priced for the area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Small restaurant in a shopping area that was a big surprise. The food was very good...Chicken Pad Thai as well as appetizers that I forgot their name but were mini wantons (but not crab Rangoon). It appears to be family owned, the cook is very friendly and she will periodically greet customers and to make sure everyone is satisfied. The levels of spice ranges from 1-5. Two is very flavorful with a little kick and the higher the numbers, the spicier it is! I've eaten there in my own as well as brought friends who were visiting who also enjoyed the food.

Visited March 2013
Hampton, Virginia, United States
“Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been here before. The food is decent but portions are small. I mainly go here because of the vicinity to my home. On my visit tonight, just to get soup which I'm sure is prepared in advance, 6 mins before closing time, someone ran to the door to lock it as they saw me walking up. She then told me, " I'm sorry, we're closed." It was not my intention to arrive so close to closing time as I do not know their hours. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have a neon sign saying that you close at 9pm then you should do just that. It is in my opinion in bad taste and also poor customer service to do that. Having worked for a Fortune 50 company for over a decade this would never be accepted. I know this is a family restaurant and you make your own rules, but customer service is customer service regardless. Just imagine if you were call a utility company or creditor within their business hours which they post, and you get a message to call back during business hours. It's unacceptable. At the very least I should have been asked , " how can I help you?". Nonetheless I will probably take my business to Thai Papaya which is nearby from now on. Their food I'd just as good if not better, and they have larger portions. Hopefully you rethink how you treat your customers.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Consistently Great Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

If you like Thai food you will love eating at Gah Bua Khan. I have eaten many times over the past few years at Gah Bua Kham and it is consistently great Thai food. I have taken many visitors with work and everyone thinks it is one of the best Thai restaurants. The Pad Won Sen with chicken and mild level of spice is my favorite, but the Pad Thai is also very good as well. The egg roll appetizer with sweetened vinegar is well liked by many. My son loves the fried rice and if you have a child with particular tastes, they will try very hard to accommodate you. Every so often they have specials, which are worth trying. Don't forget, they have take-out

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hampton, Virginia
“Delicious and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I frequently get Thai food there. The owners are very pleasant, I even have a usual order. Good variety and family owned and operated.

• Visited April 2012