“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lady Neptune Bed and Breakfast Inn

Lady Neptune Bed and Breakfast Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampton
Lady Neptune Bed and Breakfast Inn
507 North First Street, Hampton, VA 23664   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hampton B&B and Inns
Bethesda, Maryland
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

As stated in another review- our room was not clean. The rug was dirty. There was dust everywhere. Porch furniture dirty/dusty. The backyard garden was nice.
Will not return or recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

The Lady Neptune is THE most marvelous place to stay in that area. It is the place I will always stay when I am in that area...in fact, I'm thinking of moving there when the time is right! Shirley and her family make you feel like you are a part of their family. Delightfully decorated! Fun fun fun! I had the Raspberry Deluxe with the jacuzzi and the window seat...BEAUTIFUL....could see the water from my room. Cheese, crackers and wine for a wonderful snack!!! That jacuzzi got it's work out with me and my guest!!! It was quite relaxing time.....good for the soul. Shirley is perfect with all she presents you with...most of all her love and her charm. Breakfast, was, as always, the BEST you could want.....outside watching the marsh and sneaking in a hug here or there! <smiling> Shirley is the owner, but, she's my friend and she's my absolute caregiver while I am there! I plan to go and stay for a couple of weeks or more in the winter...I have some books to write and some reiki to share and teach and I think I've found the PERFECT place for ME to do that! The place is a treasure right there at Buckroe Beach in Hampton.........lots of wonderful places close around...most of all the beach and the marsh. The decor is perfect and beautifullly laid out for the fun loving and eccentric at heart!!! Clean....whatever you want, all you have to do is ask! Shirley, you keep on my friend, because as long as you are there, I know I have a place to rest and rejuvenate my soul! I love you and I love your place! We had an absolutely wonderfully, beautiful and romantic time!!! And you added all the right touches!!! Susan Watters AKA: Susan/Freebird www.dynamicsofenergy.org

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Gambrills, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed at the Lady Neptune this weekend. My wife and I are seasoned B&B aficianados and Lady Neptune is at the top of our list. It is in a great location near the Beach and backs us to a meadow and marsh. Very nice scenery. We had the best of Southern Hospitality including wine and cheese when we arrived. The house is filled with antiques collected over the years. The Lilac Suite was very comfortable and had an adjoining sitting room and bath. Very spacious and bright. The breakfast was delicious and included quiche, sausage, rolls and fruit. We ate on the back deck overlooking the marsh and it was very relaxing. Shirley opened up her home to us and treated us like friends. She was happy to satisfy every request we had. Shirley has run this B&B for 13 years and you can see she still loves doing it. We are planning a follow-up trip and it will definitely include a stay at Lady Neptune
Brett

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

I visited Lady Neptune for my 60 birthday.
The experience was terrible!
The room was not inviting. Not clean! Floors or Jacuzzi.
The toilet when flushed runned and tank did not refill. My
husband had to lift the top to reset it each time flushed.
Towels were dingy, overused, and mixed-matched. We went out and brought towels.
Breakfast was fair but we choose not to eat the the next morning.
There was a dog present downstair, upstairs and near the breakfast table.
We stayed, but I didn't want to.
The area was lovely and we enjoyed walking by the water.
Overall though I would say this was one of the worst stays in a bed and breakfast!

• Liked — Area
  • Disliked — The cleanliness, amenities
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2007

Great location to see the area. Room and bed were very nice. It was a charming B&B. We were traveling with a 10-month-old and they were very family friendly. We had a lot of privacy. It was dusty and the breakfast did not have as much fresh ingrediants as I would have hoped, but it did taste good.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Lady Neptune Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!