“Great Staff!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Naples, Italy
“Great Staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

There is good and bad at this hotel. First the bad... the windows are filthy (see picture) I could hardly see out, looks like they have never been cleaned... inside or out. HVAC was noisy. Internet was fair. But you must pay if you want "upgraded" internet. I also included a picture of "rot" around the door frame in the bathroom..... unacceptable. The Bistro is really good... very good, low cost food. Staff was great. As a frequent business traveler I can stay where I choose to stay and I try to stay where I can save money but have a pleasant stay. One more thing.... I want to see from all hotels what they are doing to save energy and protect the environment... I see a lot of wasted energy.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hampton, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Laudan525,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Hampton.

As a valued customer, we see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. We saw the pictures and wanted to let you know that we are addressing these concerns immediately.

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, we would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly at the phone number below so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations.

Kind Regards and Happy Holidays,

757-838-3300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I was in town for the Crab Crawlin 5k and Half Marathon. The entire weekend was a fantastic experience.

Room was clean and spacious and quiet. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Parking was abundant. The hotel is very convenient to the Colesium for race day.

Hotel is close to many amenities.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hampton, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear RunnerGirl1972,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Hampton through the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while attending a conference at the nearby convention center. Could have walked to the conventions center but weather was a little uncertain so choose to drive. Easy check in and rooms are about what your would expect. My room faced the courtyard and had a small balcony with chairs and a table. One of the best things was that the free WIFI was great with a connection fast enough to stream Netflix on my laptop. There is an option to pay for upgraded speed but I didn't find it necessary.

Breakfast was provided free one morning and the conference provided it the next day so I didn't buy any food from the Bistro. It looked nice but can't provide any info there. They do have a touchscreen in the lobby that can help you find attractions, restaurants or other activities. You can print out details and directions if needed.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing rooms are probably a little quieter; the hotel is not that far from the interstate.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hampton, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Dear Sean M,

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard Hampton and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Hampton.

MARK B
Lewisburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014 via mobile

This is a standard Courtyard if you've ever stayed at one. I find Courtyards confusing because I don't understand why they exist, but that's another subject for another day. This hotel is good in most ways. My room was on the ground floor near the lobby. The room itself was in okay condition. I felt that the bathroom could have used some repairs. The threshold into the bathroom was broken and should be replaced. Also the tub area could use some attention as the caulking has begun to deteriorate. The rest of the room was in good order. The bed was quite nice and the room comfortable. Breakfast was good. I was told at check in that breakfast was included in my rate and it wasn't. I didn't get upset about it but if you are told the same just clarify the details. Overall, I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hampton, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Dear Jaitravel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Hampton with us.

As a valued customer, I was disappointed to hear about your experience in our dining outlet. With aspiration to always exceed guest expectations, we have unfortunately fallen short of this goal during your recent stay.

Your valued feedback highlighted a number of areas for improvement that I have since shared with our Bistro leadership team, who join me in offering their apologies for their team’s shortcomings.

Kind Regards,
Mark B

Once again, thank you for providing feedback that will ultimately help improve our dining procedures and effectiveness. We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to Hampton so that we can provide you with a premium dining experience that not only meet, but exceed your expectations.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived, the sheets were dirty and had to be changed. The carpeting was ailed in places, but not horrible. Staff was nice . Had to ask for extra towels, but no big deal. Hot tub was closed because heater was broken, but it happens. We paid military rate. So not HUGE price. All in all, it was ok in a pinch. Probably will find somewhere different next time though.

• Stayed August 2014
Mark B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hampton, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Dear tootiredtostudy,

Unfortunately, our Spa (Hot Tub) was removed in 2012 and therefore is not part of our hotel.

Statesville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

I travel to Hampton, VA for business about 4 times each year. Always stay at this Courtyard. Very clean, friendly staff and good food (although a bit pricey) at their Bistro. I highly recommend this hotel when visiting or passing through Hampton, VA

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Christopher P, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hampton, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave some feedback about your 4th return to Hampton; moreover, we are delighted that you have been served with consistency and great service. Our staff really does love having our guests stay with us, not just so that we can show off our amazing facilities, but we can also connect with our frequent visitors and create a relationship so you have your dedicated hotel when visiting the area. We will be looking forward for your next return to the area, so we can give you service so memorable. Thank you again for your kind words, and my staff will be so happy to see we have satisfied you again.
Thurmont, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

My wife and I recently had the opportunity to stay here on our way to the Outer Banks for a weeks vacation. The hotel is located very close to the Hampton Coliseum with easy access off and on I-64. The hotel staff is wonderful, they show true southern hospitality in there welcoming you as well as when you leave, meaning that they truly enjoyed you being there. The rooms where clean and large, we had a king bed which was very comfortable, and also had a little patio area outside our room on the first floor facing the pool. The pool in the inside courtyard was excellent and inviting. The hotel grounds are very well kept and the hotel itself is located close to many dining venues, you don't have to go far to find many places to dine. I would highly recommend this location for anyone visiting the surrounding area or as in our case passing through to a final destination.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
I get goose bumps reading feedback like yours, as this is the kind of response that helps keep our staff working even harder to make your stays as pleasant as possible. Thank you so much for your kind words, and we are so happy that you enjoyed your week vacation; moreover, that you decided to spend it at the Courtyard in Hampton. We know we are doing something right when our guests, like you, take time to leave such detailed and helpful feedback about our hotel. We are eagerly waiting for your return, so we can give you that same warm, welcoming, and southern hospitality. Thank you again for leaving such wonderful feedback for all our future guests to read.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Hampton? Share your experiences!