“Excellent Front Desk Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Newport News, Virginia
“Excellent Front Desk Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was very impressed by the professionalism displayed by Tawanna as I waited at in line for check-in. Tawanna was the only person working the front desk and she managed to smile and be gracious while assisting two people in front of me checking-in and at the same time, the phone constantly rang and she answered. Again her service to customers on the phone and in person was a grant show to watch. She maintained a smile and good attitude at all times and her comments to us when checking us in made us feel that we was her main focus. She did a great job and truly belongs in customer service. Now on to a small issue, the hotel's location is great but the hotel could use a little renovation to the bathrooms. They ran out of face towels and gave us oversized hand towels for use.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Melvin N, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you found our hotel to offer excellent front desk service!
We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
West, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at the Crown Plaza two weeks ago and I just wanted to say that the hotel was great!! Very nice view. People at the bar where very out going and made great drinks!!! I did have a problem with my head that was taken fixed.. The guy at the front Desk, I think his name was Anthony. This guy Was everything you wanted when you checked into a hotel. Funny,Knowledgeable, and very very kind. My 86 year old mothers shoe came untied and she was having a hard time with it. Anthony came from behind the desk and retied it for her! It doesn’t get any better then that!! We need more people like him in this world!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy to hear you had your best stay!
We will be sure to share your review with our staff. Thanks again.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Destiny at the front desk was very kind and attentive to all of my needs at the hotel the other evening. She always goes the extra mile. I frequent the hotel often and Destiny is always kind, calm, and attentive to me. She spoke to me every time I came into the hotel. She deserves to be in serious leadership wherever she goes. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give her a 10.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Melvin N, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.Thanks again.
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is very nice. The room I stayed in was very clean and nicely decorated. What made this hotel so special for me was the employees. I was always greeted with a smile and a nice greeting. The registration staff were all great. One early morning I was up due to jet lag. Bernie Klein, the night registration person, was extremely polite and he offered me a cup of coffee. He made me feel like part of the "hotel family" and it was just an overall great experience. I will not hesitate to return to this hotel. The management cares, and it shows.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and it was non-smoking, quiet and had a great view of the Hampton Marina
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you had a good stay.
Temple Hills, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We haven't stayed yet, we will write a review after that. :-) However, after reading reviews and booking our room (in reverse order) We were a little nervous. So I called the hotel and spoke with Amanda. I had SUCH a great experience. I expressed my concerns, after reading reviews and Amanda was very reassuring and also confirmed the details that we wanted. This is a positive start and I wanted to compliment Amanda for making us feel a little more comfortable about our upcoming stay. We will now come with an open mind, prepared to enjoy the experience. Good customer service is so rare, so thank you Amanda!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel and for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your comments about our hotel . We will be sure to share your review with our team. Thank you .
Chesapeake City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Upon arrival at the Hampton Crown plaza I was informed my reservation didn't exist. Having booked this through Expedia it really didn't surprise me at all. The front desk staff was more than helpful trying to find my reservation. They took the time to search all the possibilities my reservation could be listed under and they found out Expedia listed it under my middle name instead of my last name.
The room was very nice and very clean and the floor to ceiling windows allow for some great views of the marina. The nautical decor of the hotel is really rich and classy. I will definitely be staying here when I'm back in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you found our staff to be courteous, helpful and friendly.
yorktown, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of dealing with the staff of the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina for about 1 1/2 months prior to January 12, 2013. I was desperately trying to find a place to hold a retirement dinner. With no budget for this, and minimal employees donating I was so excited when the F&B/ or restaurant Mgr said they could help us! They arranged a beautiful, delicious, very affordable dinner for our 80 guests. They set up a beautiful room for us and catered to our every need. They offered a wonderful group ROOM rate, which my husband and I took advantage of. The room was very well appointed with a beautiful view of the marina. Everything was clean. Flat screen TV, updated room. I would like to mention the names of Cecible--I wish I knew her last name..but she was the nicest person. Mr Kevin Wade, Nettie and Tuwana were others that I delt with that were the BEST!! They all worked so very hard to help us. I just want to say THANKS AGAIN !!! You made our group's evening extra special!! Sincerely, Cathy Redmond

Room Tip: Every room I have ever stayed at here is great!! They even upgraded us to a suite once and it was f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Ms. Redmond,

Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful experience you had with our Crowne Plaza Hotel. My team had informed me of your original reservation for our restaurant for a much smaller group and I was pleased that you allowed us to move your guests into our ballroom because your guest list grew so much from your original count. By you allowing us to do that I feel that we were able to make your guests more comfortable. Thank you for acknowledging the staff that went above and beyond to ensure the success of your event. I know this was a special night for you and your guests and I am glad that we were able to give you warm and happy memories. Please remember us for any future events you may have!

Regards,
Mary Elizabeth Collins

Been to Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina? Share your experiences!