“Short but enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Short but enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had a wonderful night at this Crowne Plaza! I was there for a company function and we had a fantastic dinner in the ballroom. The food was supurb and the service top notch. My check in was efficient and quick, and the room and view were outstanding. I overlooked the marina and what a way to sit and have breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately, I had car issues, and the manager was gracious in allowing me a late check out until I could get the issue resolved. I'd definately recommend this hotel and will stay again when I'm in that area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Clifford,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our team at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for doing such a great job both with your overnight stay and the function you attended. I am sorry that your stay was too short but feel free to come back and visit us next time you are in the Hampton area.

Warm Regards,
Mary Elizabeth Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Poquoson, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Manager was very accomodating after initial problem concerning room I had reserved for Class Reunion. I had specifically reserved this room, but upon checking in it was "not available". I was not pleased, being this reservation had been made months beforehand and would be near other classmates. HOWEVER, manager upgraded the room to a beautiful suite at no extra charge. The view was breathtaking. It was located on same floor as Class Reunion friends which all could enjoy. So all ended well. Thank you Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: 2nd floor corner suite!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sonya W.,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay at our Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad that everything worked out well in the end for you and also your classmates since you were all able to spend more time together in your suite. I hope that the next time you are in the Hampton area, you come back to visit us again!

Newport News, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed one night at the hotel, on arriving I had asked for a Marina view room, but I was told there were none ( I think because I booked through internet), when I arrived at my room the bathroom was filthy, so I went to ask to move rooms, the girl said maintanence I guess had been working in the rooms and did not tell noone to clean it, so changed rooms, but the strange thing about this is the room I was switched to is the one they said they had nomore of, then this room the shower door was broken so taking a shower was hard, I was tired so did not feel like changing rooms again, ice machine was also broke, so I felt like most of my stay I rode the elevator. Also I think that no matter where a person books if the hotel breakfast is free it should not matter how much one paid for the room it should be free breakfast for all, I think it is being put in a second class when in the dining room and are asked do we have tickets for the buffett, but other than that the front desk staff were pleasant

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Debra,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza. I apologize for the areas that we may have fallen short. My staff and I strive on a daily basis to exceed the expectations of our guests so I will be sharing your comments with our team so can correct those concerns. I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at Crowne Plaza on the Hamption Marina while on the business trip. Comfortable hoteel with a reasonable rate. Nice room with lots of space, desk and very neat view of the Hampton Marina. The hotel bar has a nautical theme, well run and with a nuatical atmospher (big surprize given the location but very well done). Breaffast was included in my room package and was nice with a chaoice of buffet or you could order eggs as you like them. Again a great view of the harbor. Nice "put you at ease " hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Virginia Rambler:

Thank you for sharing such nice comments about your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the breakfast room package as it is very popular with our guests. I hope that you choose to come and visit us again in the near future!

Happy Holidays!

Lynchburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

There are advantages to checking in late in the evening, as I was upgraded to a room with a marina view! It was lovely looking out to the water at night time and just as enjoyable with morning coffee. Free parking, very friendly staff, and a super comfortable bed made this a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to offer such a nice review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with everything from the great view of our marina as well as our friendly staff. I hope you come back to visit us again soon!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We found this hotel to be very nice and convenient to the Hampton Coliseum. The staff was very friendly and helpful in informing us about local restaurants. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable!!!! I would love to see this hotel have an indoor pool to use all year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sheshe,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about our hotel. I am glad that our staff was able to assist you and offer some great suggestions about Hampton. The coliseum does a whole variety of shows, so if you are ever back in the area for another show, hopefully you will visit with us again.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The entire experience was nice. They check in was nice, the room was nice, the staff were nice, the parking was plentiful, the location was nice. It was very nice. We were on a floor that was marked no smoking, but we smelled smoke in the halls. Once we got inside the room - nice!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, the difference between the room with the view of the marina and a regular room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Necola,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina hotel. I am glad that you offered the tip of reserving a room with a view because the view is awesome! Personally, I enjoy having the marina right out our back door! It just makes for a great backdrop for our downtown area of Hampton!

If you are in the area again, I hope you will choose to stay with us again!

Mary Elizabeth Collins

Been to Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina? Share your experiences!